- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows error code 0x80004005
Windows Error Code 0x80004005
On Windows 10 has some of the errors which means that the Windows update folders are corrupted or a Windows update failure. This error code generally appears while trying to install the Windows updates while to fix the windows error code 0x80004005.
Follow these steps to fix this issue using the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool:
- Press the Windows + I key to open the Settings application.
- Select Update & Security to open the Troubleshooter from the left side panel.
- Choose the Windows Update option and click on the Run the troubleshooter button to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80004005.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
- Restart your Windows and check if it allows you to update.
If the problem remains unresolved, run System File Checker(SFC) on your Windows using Command Prompt. SFC is an in-built troubleshooting tool that checks for system and to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80004005.
Windows might have encountered a virus that corrupts the update-related system files.
Follow these steps to run the SFC tool on your Windows:
- Navigate to the Start menu and type ‘cmd’ in the search box to open the Command Prompt window.
- Give a right-click on the Command Prompt tab and select the Run it as administrator option to fix Windows Error Code 0x80004005.
- Type the ‘sfc /scannow’ command in the Command Prompt and press the Enter key.
- Wait until the scanning gets completed. If there are no system errors detected, then proceed with the following steps.
Resetting Update services on Windows:
Before resetting the Update Services on your Windows computer, you must rename the folders containing the installations of recent updates to avoid issues in the future.
To know how to delete the update related folders on your system, contact our technical team by clicking the call button on this screen to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80004005.