- Windows 10 Support »
- System file error windows 10
SYSTEM FILE ERROR WINDOWS 10
The File System Error on Windows 10 may be due to malware attacks, obsolete driver software, and corrupted system files. It can also caused by the recent changes that you have made on your system file error windows 10.
Carry out these steps to fix this error on Windows 10:
- Open your Windows desktop and type ‘cmd’ in the search panel to open the Command Prompt to fix the system file error windows 10.
- Give a right-click on the command prompt to select the Run as administrator option.
- Alternatively, press Windows + R shortcut key to open the Run panel and type ‘cmd’ to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Enter the ‘chkdsk /f’ command in the window and press the Enter button.
- Open the in-built security tool for Windows, which is named as Windows Defender and open the Windows Defender Settings page.
- Click on the Shield icon that is available in the left side panel to open the Virus & threat protection settings.
- Click on the Advanced Scan option and select Full Scan to scan the malware-infected files on your computer to prevent the system file error windows 10.
- Change your Windows theme and sound scheme to default settings and check if the error gets resolved or not.
- Check for the latest update for Windows 10 and install it on your computer.
- If the problem persists, execute the System Restore feature on your Windows 10.
- To perform the System Restore, press Windows + S shortcut keys and type ‘System Restore’ in the Search panel.
- Choose the Create a restore point option from the displayed list.
- Click on the System Restore option and click Next from the System Properties tab to fix the system file error windows 10.
- Mark the Show more restore points checkbox and select the restore point you wish to change.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen commands to complete the restoration process.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- If you find difficulties in resolving the file system error on Windows 10, contact our technical support by clicking the Call button available on this screen to clear the system file error in windows 10.