- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows update error
HOW DO I FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR In PC ?
If the Windows operating system had a problem while updating, you can manually install the update packs that are available online. If you see an error message, perform the following steps to fix the windows update errors.
First, run the Reset Windows update tool to solve this issue.
- First, download the Reset Windows update tool, and save the file in the desired location.
- The wureset.zip file is now present in the download folder.
- Right-click the file and then select Extract All option.
- Next, proceed to run the wureset file with the administrator rights by selecting Run as administrator.
- Now, press the Enter key while the User Account Control prompt appears.
- The Reset Windows update tool will now run and then restart the service and then fix the windows update errors.
WINDOWS UPDATING ERROR 0x80070490 IN YOUR PC
Windows Update Error 0x80070490
The following steps can help you to fix the windows update errors.
This error code 0X80070490 can occur when the Windows is being updated, upgraded, or a new application is installed the Windows store.
- First, try to run the Windows update.
- Long press the Windows key and enter ‘troubleshoot and then click the Troubleshoot.
- Now, click the Windows Update and then select Run the Troubleshooter.
- Proceed with the on-screen prompts to troubleshoot.
- Restart the computer and check whether the error has been fixed.
- Next, run the SFC scan.
- Long press the Windows key and then type cmd.
- Right-click the Command prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- Click the Yes button on the confirmation prompt.
- Now, in the Command prompt window, enter sfc/scannow and then hit Enter.
- Restart the computer and check for the solution.
- Next, run the DISM.
- Long press the Windows logo key and then type cmd in the search field.
- Enter the command below and then hit enter:
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
- Enter sfc/scannow and then hit Enter.
UPDATING ERROR 0x80248007 & 80070005
Windows Update Error 0x80248007
The steps below can guide you to solve this error.
- First, reset the Windows update service to fix the windows update errors.
- In the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and select Control Panel.
- Click the Administrative Tools from the available list.
- Next, double-click the Services option.
- Right-click Windows Update and then select Stop.
- The next step is to delete temporary update files in the Software Distribution folder.
- Go to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and then double-click the DataStore folder to launch it.
- Erase all the files and folders available inside it will helps to overcome windows update error.
- Return to the Software Distribution and double-click the Downloads folder to open and then delete all the files available in it.
- Now, restart the Windows Update and then click the Start button.
- Exit all the Services window and the Administrative Tools window.
- Next, restart the Windows Installer service.
- To open the Command dialog box, press the Windows logo + X keys together.
- Click the Yes option in the notification.
- Enter net start msiserver and then hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Check whether the problem has been resolved.
- Try to update the device drivers chance to overcome the windows update errors.
Windows Update Error 80070005
Execute the following steps to solve this error code.
- First, press the Windows key + X to open the command dialog box.
- Choose the Command (Admin).
- Now enter the following commands and then hit Enter.
- Wait for the scanning process to get over and then restart the computer.
- Change the User account to the Admin account to overcome the windows update errors.
- To do so, restart the computer and sign in with the Administrator account.
- Next, click the Start button and then select Control Panel where you can find the User Account option.
- Click the User Account option to open.
- Now, you can find all the user account on the User Accounts window.
- From there, choose one that can represent your user account.
- Next, proceed to Change the account type and enter the required credentials when prompted.
- Finally, log out of Windows and then sign in using the Administrator account.
- Download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the computer.
- Make sure that you add a shortcut of Safety Scanner on desktop.
- Double-click the Safety Scanner shortcut icon to start it.
- Next, click the Scan Type option and Full scan option and then click Next.
- The scanning process will begin, wait for it to complete.
- When the removal process is done, restart the computer and run the Windows update errors.
- Next, try to fix the network error.
- First, search for the shared folder on the computer and then right-click on it check to check its properties.
- Now, click the Security tab and choose Add and then click Advance.
- Click the Find Now button and then select Everyone.
- Finally, click the OK button for confirmation and then save the settings.
UPDATING ERROR 80073701 & 80092004
Windows Update Error 80073701
You can fix the error code 8007371 by following the steps below.
- First, launch the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- In the search field, enter Cortana and click the result.
- Choose Windows Update and click the Run as Troubleshooter button to view the processing screen.
- This troubleshooter can fix the issue.
- The next step is to run the Deployment Image Servicing and system File scans.
- For that, first, click the Cortana taskbar button to launch the application.
- Type the keyword as a command prompt in the search field.
- Next, right-click the command prompt and then choose Run as administrator to launch the prompts window.
- Now, you can run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management Utility by typing DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth in the command dialog box and hit Enter.
- Type sfc/scannow and then click the Return option to start the SFC scan.
- When the scan is done, but the error is not fixed, then restart Windows.
- Next, restart the Windows Update service.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command box.
- Type Services in the command field and then click the OK button.
- Go to the Windows Update location on the Services window.
- Now, double-click the Windows update to launch the Window in the snapshot directly.
- Click the Stop button on the Window and then click OK to exit the window.
- Finally, right-click Windows Update and choose Start to restart the system.
- The next step is to reset the Windows Update components.
- Launch the Command prompt as an administrator.
- Type the commands below in the command field.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Close the command prompt and then restart the computer.
- Verify the settings as well as the date and time.
- Modify the settings and then click the Apply button to save the changes while doing the windows update errors.
Windows Update Error 80092004
Fix this error code with the steps below.
- Long press the Windows key and then open Settings.
- Next, choose Windows Update and then click the Advanced Options.
- In the next screen, choose Never and then click the OK button.
- Check the Windows check box, and then restart the device.
- Try to fix the corrupted system files.
- Now click the Start menu and enter cmd in the search field for windows update errors.
- Right-click the command prompt and choose Run as an Administrator
- Type the below command and hit Enter.
- After completing the above, enter sfc/scannow.
- Once scan is complete, close the command prompt and try to update the device.
- Next, delete all the unnecessary updates.
- Click the Start menu and open the Run command as administrator
- Type the following command:
- After this the device will start to reboot.
- When the rebooting is done, go to the command prompt as an administrator and type the following command.
- Finally, install the Update Manually tool.
- When the downloading process is done, go to the command prompt as Administrator and type the following command.
- Wusa C:\PATH-TO-UPDATE\NAME-OF-UPDATE.msu/quiet/norestart
UPDATING ERROR 800b0100 & ERROR CODE 643
Windows Update Error 800b0100
Try to solve this error with the solutions given below.
- First, try to repair the registry entries by using reliable tools such as Auslogics Registry Cleaner to detect the problem that is related to the windows update errors.
- Next, disable the Security Software or Windows Firewall.
- First, make sure to boot the computer through an administrator user account.
- Long press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, in the Run dialog box, enter the Control panel and click the OK button.
- When the Control panel is opened, choose System and Security.
- Click the Firewall option and then choose Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- This will direct you to the Customize settings page.
- Next, click the option for turning off the firewall for both public and the private networks.
- Finally, click the OK button.
- If the issue persists, make sure to update the Drivers.
- Next, run the Windows System File Checker
- Click the Start button on the desktop and type Command in the search field.
- Long press the Ctrl+Shift keys and then press the Enter key to fix the windows update errors.
- Now, you can see a permission dialog box on-screen.
- Enter sfc/scannow and then press Enter.
- The tool will scan for the problem and will try to fix the error.
- Next, make sure to clean the junk files.
- Click the Start button and open the command prompt.
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift keys and then press the Enter key.
- In the Permission dialog box, click Yes to pull up the command prompt.
- Enter cleanmgr and then press Enter.
- The Disk cleaning process will start to perform, choose the categories to delete, and click the OK button.
- Finally, re-register the Wintrust.dll File.
- With the administrator rights boot, the computer.
- Long press Windows + R keys together to open the run dialog box.
- In the run dialog box, e cmd and then click the OK button.
- Now, enter net stop cryptsvc and then hit Enter.
- Type net starts cryptsvc and then hit Enter.
- Check whether the windows update errors has gone.
Windows Update Error Code 643
Solve this error code 643 with the following steps.
- First, open the Windows update errors troubleshooter.
- Next, click the Advanced link and then choose Apply repairs automatically.
- Choose Windows Update and then hit the Next button to undergo the troubleshooter’s steps.
- Next, make sure to turn off the Antivirus software installed.
- For that, press the Windows + X keys and choose Task Manager from the list.
- Now, click the Start-up tab from the snapshot.
- Choose the antivirus that you have installed and click the Disable option.
- When the antivirus is removed, restart the Windows and then try to install the update
- Next, repair the NET framework client profile using Control Panel to fix thewindows update errors.
- Launch the Run command by holding the Windows + R keys.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the filed and then click the OK button.
- Type NET Framework in the programs and Features search field.
- Then, double-click the new version of the NET Framework Client Profile to launch a profile maintenance window.
- Choose the Repair option and then click the Next button.
- Finally, click the Finish button when the repair is done and choose to restart the Windows system.
- The final step is to reinstall the NET framework.
- Launch the manufacturer’s site and click the Download button and then save the NET Framework setup file in the desired location.
- Open the Cleanup utility’s ZIP using the File Explorer and then click the Extract All button.
- Now, click the Browse button to choose a path for the extracted file and click the Extract button.
- Launch the NET Framework Setup Cleanup Utility through the extracted folder.
- Choose NET Framework- All versions under the pull-down menu.
- Click the Clean up Now button.
- Now, proceed to reinstall the NET Framework.
- Finally, restart the Windows system and try to do windows update errors.