- Windows 10 Support »
- Access Your Google Drive
How To Access Google Drive From Windows Explorer?
Goggle Drive is a cloud-based data storage service provided by Google. It is used to store the backup files and sync your files and folders. You can also use Google Drive for editing documents online, storing data on the cloud, and tacking backup of your files. To access Google drive from Windows explorer computer, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, you have to install the Drive File Stream utility on your Windows computer to add Google Drive to File Explorer. then only you can access Google drive from Windows explorer computer.
- Open the default browser and download the Drive File Stream utility for Windows from Google Play Store.
- After completing the download, open the Drive File System utility from the Downloads folder on your computer.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your account.
- Enter your email address in the required field and click the Next button.
- Wait until the file stream is connected to your account (Gmail).
- Next, open the Windows File Explorer and navigate to the left-side panel.
- Locate the Google Drive File Stream (G:) tab.
- The files stored in the local drive on your computer will be automatically synced to your Google Drive.
- You can also download the Backup & Sync app to create the Google Drive folder in the File Explorer on your Windows computer.
- Open the Google Drive File Stream (G:) drive and access your files and folders.
- Give a right-click on the document and select the Available offline option to download it on your PC.
- The green tick mark indicates that the file has been downloaded and is available for offline use.
- If it has been greyed out, you have to open the document in the Chrome browser.
- Next, click the File menu available at the top-left corner of the screen and select the Make available offline option from the drop-down list.
- If prompted, click the Turn on button to set all files offline. This is can be done once your access Google drive from Windows explorer computer.