- Windows 10 Support »
- UWP’s File Explorer
How To Access UWP File Explorer?
The UWP’s file explorer is nothing but the Universal File Explorer, and it is also the Modern File Explorer for the Windows 10 Operating System. On the other hand, Microsoft has been in a constant mindset in upgrading the version of the Windows. The UWP’s File Explorer is actively being developed for the Windows Core OS. So, the UWP File Explorer is not directly available for the Windows 10 OS; however,the Modern File Manager can still be enabled on your Windows 10 computer.
We will now be showing the steps to activate/enable the UWP File Explorer on your Windows 10 computer.
- Turn on your Windows 10 computer.
- Wait for the Desktop screen to launch.
- Perform a right-click on the desktop and select the option Create shortcut.
- The Create Shortcut window will open.
- Enter the following file location in the search bar. “explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App”
- Click the Next button.
- You will now have to enter the file name of the created shortcut.
- Rename the File as UWP File Explorer or any other name of your choice.
- Now, you will see the icons on the desktop will change.
- Perform a double-click on the file, and you will be able to access the UWP’s File Explorer.
If you perform the above steps as mentioned, you will be able to access the UWP File Explorer in your Windows 10 computer.