- Windows 10 Support »
- Control Panel Hardware and Sound In Windows 10
CONTROL PANEL HARDWARE AND SOUND WINDOWS 10
Your control panel’s Hardware and Sound section has control over the parts of your PC that you can plug into. Using this section of the Control Panel, you will be able to adjust or alter your display settings. You can also alter the settings for the following components using control panel hardware and sound Windows 10.
- Printer Scanner
- Digital Camera
- Game Controllers
You can perform the following activities through the Control Panel on your Windows 10 computer:
1.Altering the volume:
The Sound section will allow you to adjust your computer’s volume. If you wish to turn down your Windows 10 computer’s volume from the desktop, please make use of the following instructions:
- On the taskbar of your desktop, click the little speaker icon that is provided next to the clock. You can now slide down the volume using the little speaker.
- In case you are not able to find any little speaker icon on the taskbar, you can follow the steps given here to restore it
- Right-click on the digital clock on your taskbar.
- Select the Properties option.
- Turn the volume switch to ON.
- If you wish to mute your computer, you have to click the little speaker icon that is found to the left of your sliding control.
- When you click on the icon one more time, the sound on your Windows 10 computer will be turned on.
- In case you want to set different volumes for each of your desktop programs, right-click the speaker icon. From the pop-up menu that appears, select the Open Volume Mixer option. Using this option, you can set different volumes for the various desktop programs form the control panel hardware and sound Windows 10.
2.Setting up speakers:
Windows contains a speaker setup area and it also includes a speaker test. In case you wish to install new speakers, you can make use of the following steps to add them to your Windows 10 computer.
- On your desktop, right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar. Then, select the Playback Devices option.
- You will see the Sound window pop up on your screen. Click the Speakers icon and then click on the Configure button. Please avoid double-clicking the Speakers icon.
- Now, click the Speakers icon that has a green checkmark. The Speaker Setup dialog box will now appear on your screen.
- In the dialog box, click the Advanced tab. Next, click on the Test button, alter your speaker settings, and then click on the Next button.
- Windows will now walk you through the following steps:
- Choosing the number of speakers.
- Selecting their placement.
- Windows will also play each of the speakers so that you can decide if they are in their correct locations.
- You can now click the tabs for the other sound devices that you want to adjust. Once you are done with the adjustments, click on the OK button.
- In case you wish to check your microphone volume, click the Recording tab. Then the settings control panel hardware and sound Windows 10 allow easily.