- Windows 10 Support »
- Create a New Account
How To Create New Account In Windows 10?
Several Windows users do not create secondary accounts on their computers and continue to use their primary administrative accounts for all purposes. But this practice is not a good or safe one. Windows users have to get rid of this habit. That means they should create a secondary user account. This also means that you are not always logged on to your Windows computer with administrative privileges. So, create new account in Windows 10 computer.
Creating a secondary user account for yourself will definitely increase the security of your Windows computer.
- On your computer, press the Windows key and the I key simultaneously to open Settings to create new account in Windows 10.
- Next, select the Accounts option.
- When the Accounts page appears, switch over to the Family & other people tab. Then, click on the Add someone else to this PC button.
- The Microsoft Account window will now pop up on your screen. In this window, please ignore the request to enter your email address or phone number.
- At the bottom of the window, you will find the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information link. You have to click this link and then click on the Next button.
- On the page that displays next, please ignore all the other prompts. Then, click the Add a user without a Microsoft account link at the bottom of the page.
- In the window that is displayed next, type a username, password, and then a password hint. Then, click on the Next button.
- After you click on the Next button, you will be taken back to the Accounts page that you saw earlier. Here, you can see that your new user account is listed. When a person signs in using this account (for the first time), Windows will start creating user folders, and then it will go on and complete the required settings.
- The local user account that you have created just now will be set as a limited account, by default. In other words, this account cannot be used to install any applications or make any administrative changes to the computer.
- We have now seen the steps involved to create new account in Windows 10 computer.