- Windows 10 Support »
- Update Troubleshooter Server 2016
WINDOWS UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTER SERVER 2016
When the Windows Server 2016 is installed on your system, you can always expect a state of the art update process for all the updates from Microsoft. Most of the issues during updation can be linked to different Windows Update error codes. One of the frequently occurring error codes is the one related to Windows update troubleshooter Server 2016, i.e., 0x800705b4.
- This Windows error can be solved either from the server-side or the client-side.
- The error affects the Windows update troubleshooter Server 2016 more severely than the other errors.
- It should be noted that Windows may face issues with its ability to download updates.
- There are cases where you may not be able to download the updates, and the OS will also refuse to install.
- It is one of the most common errors you would have encountered while updating Windows Server 2016.
- The symptoms of the failure may because the system hangs at 0 percent when you attempt to upgrade the Windows Server 2016.
- The issue can arise when you are using Windows Update – either the standalone application or WSUS.
Some primary reasons and solutions are:
Reason 1 –
- The issue can be caused due to the Windows Firewall configuration.
- You should turn off the Firewall to avoid conflict with other applications.
Turn off the firewall using the following steps:
- Open the antivirus application and navigate to the settings and disable the Firewall.
- You will have a disable option if you are using third-party firewalls. Refer to the user manual of the antivirus application to turn off the firewall.
Reason 2 –
- Verify and see if you have created a proxy setting in the internet explorer.
- The proxy might not have been configured at the WinHTTP level, and that could lead to a conflict between the user at the system level while fixing the Windows update troubleshooter Server 2016 .
- You can enable the proxy on the computer, using the following command in the command prompt.
- netsh winhttp set proxy ProxyServerName:PortNumber
- You can replace the proxy name and the port number, depending on the proxy that is enabled in your browser.
- You can import the proxy from the internet explorer by entering the following command in the Command Prompt.
- netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
Reason 3 –
Another possible reason that could cause an issue with the Windows Server 2016 is that it is not compatible with the RTM version of the Windows update agent.
- You have to update Windows Update Agent to get the latest version.
- The most recent version number is 10.0.14393.187.
- You can update the version from the most recent cumulative security update.
- Any update that is later than September 2016 should resolve the error.
- You can get the update file using the Windows Update catalog and also download it manually.
RESET THE WINDOWS UPDATE SERVER AND COMPONENTS IN COMMAND PROMPT
- Click the Start button on your Windows computer and open the command prompt.
- If you do not find the option in the Start menu, click the run command from the menu.
- You can also access the run command by using the Windows + R shortcut key.
- When the run command opens, type cmd and press the Enter button.
- Stop the following services:
- MSI Installer
- Windows Update Services
- Enter the commands given below, one at a time in the command prompt and hit the Enter button.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Now, follow the commands and enter them in the command prompt given below to rename the SoftwareDistrubution and Catroot2 folders.
- ren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Now, you can restart the services you have stopped at the initial step.
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver and hit the enter button after each command.
Close the command prompt and check to see if the Windows update troubleshooter Server 2016 works.