- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Device Security
How To Enable Windows 10 Device Security?
Windows security is a built-in app for the Windows 10 operating system and it provides security features to protect the system from malware and virus attacks. It helps you to understand various security options and choose the right one for particular purposes. If the Windows Device Security app is disabled, you need to enable it for better protection. Read the different methods to enable Windows 10 Device Security.
Method-1: Using the Group Policy Editor
- On the desktop, press the Win and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Input “gpedit” and click OK to open the Group Policy Editor window.
- Next, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative templates > Windows components > Windows Security > Device Security.
- On the right panel, double-click the Hide the Windows 10 device security area option under Setting.
- Change the setting to Disabled and click OK.
Method-2: Using Registry
- Download the Enable_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg file using a web browser and save it on your computer.
- Now, open the .reg file and run it. If the system prompts to open the file, click Run.
- When the User Account Control box appears on the screen, click Yes to continue.
- In the following window, click Yes followed by OK to start merging the file to the Device Security feature.
- After the process, restart the computer and then delete the .reg file if you do not want to keep it.
- If you do not want to download the file, you can manually change the .reg files, but do it with care.
- Open the Run dialog box on desktop, type “regedit” and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > Security > SecurityHealthService.
- Open the .reg file and change the value of DWORD to ‘2’.
- Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > Security > wscsvc.
- Now, open the .reg file from the right panel and set DWORD to ‘2’.
- Restart the computer and check if the Windows 10 device security is enabled.