- Windows 10 Support »
- Bootmgr is Missing In Windows
HOW TO FIX BOOTMGR IS MISSING WINDOWS 10?
The main causes of the BOOTMGR error are listed here and alsoo gives the steps to fix bootmgr is missing Windows 10 issue.
- Corrupted and misconfigured files
- Hard drive and Operating System upgrade issue
- Corrupted hard drive sectors
- Outdated BIOS
- Damaged hard drive interface cable
bootmgr is missing Windows 10 error that might be shown on the screen as any one of the following error messages:
- BOOTMGR is missing – Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart
- BOOTMGR is missing – Press any key to restart
- Couldn’t find BOOTMGR
Among these, the ‘BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart’ error message is common on Windows 10 computer.
To resolve the BOOTMGR is missing error message, perform the troubleshooting instructions provided on our web page.
- Restart your computer and check if the error has been resolved.
- This error might occur if the computer tries to boot a non-bootable disc. So, check for your optical drives, USB ports, and floppy drives for data.
- Check for the boot sequence in BIOS.
- If you suspect that the SATA cable is damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Writing a new partition boot sector will help to correct the corruption and configuration problems.
- Make sure to update the BIOS version of your motherboard to the most recent version.
- Now, check if the BOOTMGR is missing error is resolved. If not, run Start Repair as per the procedure given below.
- To perform this procedure, you need to have a Windows installation disc.
- Place the Windows installation disc in the computer’s CD drive.
- When you see the ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD displays on the screen, press any key on the computer’s keyboard.
- If your computer does not detect the media automatically, go to the basic input/output system setup from the normal setup.
- On the BIOS Setup Utility screen, select the Boot Order, Boot Options or Boot option and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now, search for your removable disc from the Boot list, drag it to the top, and press the Enter key.
- This will change the sequence of the Boot list.
- Save the changes by pressing the F10 key on the keyboard and then close the BIOS Setup Utility window when the bootmgr is missing Windows 10 error is occurred.
- After you select the Yes option, the Windows computer will restart.
- Specify a language, time, currency, and input method and then select the Next option.
- Once you select the Repair your computer option, you will see the System Recovery Options dialog box on the screen.
- Choose your drive, click the Next option, and select the Repair your computer option.
- Choose the Operating System of your computer, select the Next option, and click the Startup Repair option.
- Check if the bootmgr is missing Windows 10 error has been resolved.
- If not, do the following steps until you resolve the error.
- Rebuild the boot configuration data
- Run system restore
- Use startup repair