- Windows 10 Support »
- Inaccessible Boot Device In The Windows
Inaccessible Boot Device Windows 10
The ‘inaccessible boot device Windows 10’ error is a BSOD error that occurs on Windows 10 computers. The error code 0x0000007b usually occurs when you start your computer after you have recently upgraded your operating system to Windows 10. Carry out the steps that are given below to fix the inaccessible boot device issue occurring on a Windows 10 computer.
Step 1: Updating drivers
- Update all the drivers running on your Windows computer.
- You can install a third-party driver updater software to update all drivers.
- Run a scan using the software and update the required drivers from the displayed list.
Step 2: Run the Windows troubleshooter
- Go to the Settings application and select Update & Security.
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot section and select BSOD.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter button and complete the troubleshooting process by following the instructions on the screen and then fix the issue inaccessible boot device Windows 10.
Step 3: Run the SFC and DSIM scan
- Press the Windows and R buttons together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” and press the Enter key.
- When the Command Prompt window appears, enter “sfc/scannow.” Then, press Enter.
- Restart your computer after the scanning process is complete.
- Open Command Prompt again and type “DSIM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.” Then, press the Enter key.
- Once the scan is complete, reboot your computer and check if the inaccessible boot device Windows 10 issue is resolved.
Step 4: Uninstalling the recently installed software
- Remove any recently installed software from your computer.
- Also, disable the Antivirus and firewall programs active on your computer.
Step 5: Open Safe Mode and check cables
- Restart your computer to open Safe mode.
- Press the F5 key and hold it until you see the Windows Boot screen.
- Select the Safe Mode with Networking option with the help of the navigation keys.
- If your computer doesn’t display the error, uninstall applications that might be causing the error.
- Check the cables connected to your computer, make sure they are fixed properly.
- Unplug and reconnect all cables properly to fix the inaccessible boot device Windows 10 issue.