- Windows 10 Support »
- Lenovo Ideapad 320 Touchpad Can’t Working
LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING
If your lenovo Ideapad 320 touchpad not working, you are not alone, several users have reported this issue. This issue is usually reported after updating the Windows 10 Fall Creators software. Three methods are suggested by experts to fix this issue on a Windows 7 OS. Each method is discussed one-by-one in the section below.
Method 1: Roll back the Touchpad driver file on your Windows 7 computer
- To do it, open the Run command window on your Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop.
- In this window, type the devmgmt.msc command and press the Enter button.
- On the displayed screen, locate and expand the Mice and other pointing devices option.
- Select and right-click on your device name.
- Click the Uninstall option.
- Now, a warning dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Tick the checkbox beside the Delete the driver software for this device option.
- Click the OK button. Now, restart your laptop.
- If the touchpad is still not working, try the second method discussed below.
Method 2: Hard Reset your Windows 7 computer
- To perform this process, first of all, turn off your laptop if it is turned ON.
- Make sure to disconnect your Windows 7 computer from all port replicators or docking stations.
- Similarly, if an external device is connected to your Windows 7 computer, disconnect it.
- Then, unplug the power cable from your Windows 7 computer.
- Take the battery off form the computer.
- Then, locate and hold down the Power button of your Lenovo device for 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, release the button.
- Re-insert the battery into your Lenovo device and turn it ON.
- Now, check if the lenovo Ideapad 320 touchpad not working issue is resolved.
Method 3: Update driver of your device’s touchpad
- First, download and install the Driver Easy application on your Lenovo laptop.
- After that, launch the application.
- Click the Scan Now button.
- Wait for the application to complete the scanning process.
- After that, you can find the Update button beside the flagged touchpad icon, click it.
- Now, the driver file will be downloaded and installed automatically on your laptop.
- After the driver update process, check if the lenovo Ideapad 320 touchpad not working issue has been resolved.