- Windows 10 Support »
- Load Driver Error In Windows
FIX LOAD DRIVER ERROR WINDOWS 10
Sometimes, you might come across the load driver error Windows 10 computer. The message associated with this error will usually be the following: To install the device driver for your drive insert the installation media containing the driver files… There are some troubleshooting tips to fix the above error and get rid of the error message. Before we look closer into the solution, let us see the reason behind the issue:
Cause of the Load Driver Error on your Windows 10:
The primary reason behind the error is the corruption of your installation media. During Windows installation, at a certain point, you will have to select a partition onto which you wish to install the program. The error (under discussion) usually pops up at this point. One of the solutions to this problem will be to re-create the installation media. Once you do that, there is little chance that the load driver error Windows 10 will occur again.
There are also other methods available using which you can fix the Load Driver Error on your Windows 10 computer. Please try the following methods in the order given. You have to check whether the error is fixed after finishing each method:
- Try running Windows Troubleshooter.
- On your Windows 10 computer, press the Windows key and the X key simultaneously. From the options that appear on your screen, select Settings.
- Next, choose the Update & Security option.
- Now, select Troubleshoot. Then, go to Windows Update.
- Finally, click the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Try running SFC Scan & DISM.
- System File Check (SFC) is a tool that is built into your Windows operating system. This tool will check for any system file corruption.
- The sfc /scannow command will scan the integrity of all your protected OS files. It will then replace the corrupted or damaged versions with the correct ones. When SFC is unable to repair the damage, you have to run DISM to fix the errors.
- Here, DISM is the short form of Deployment Image Servicing and Management. This is another tool like SFC, which is built into your Windows OS.
- Perform a Windows 10 Repair upgrade.
- The Repair upgrade feature will resolve all of your Windows issues. At the same time, it will retain all the files, settings, and applications.
- You will not be losing any data when you do a Repair upgrade.
The above methods should help in fixing the load driver error Windows 10 computer.