- Windows 10 Support »
- Outlook Can’t Connect To Server Windows 10
Outlook Cannot Connect To Server Windows 10
Microsoft Outlook is a free application that can be installed on your computers and mobile devices. If you experience the Outlook cannot connect to a server Windows 10 computer, then the below instructions will help you an solving it.
Some of the causes of this issue are:
- Bad internet connection
- The Work Offline option is enabled
- Corrupted account and data file
- Out-dated applications
- Corrupted applications
Perform the troubleshooting instructions given below to solve the Outlook cannot connect to a server issue on your Windows 10 computer.
- First, make sure that you are signed in to your Windows 10 computer with administrative rights.
- Check your internet connection status. If the internet status is weak, then contact your ISP to solve the network issue.
Troubleshooting method 1:
- Try connecting the Outlook application to your email server after power cycling your computer.
- Switch off your Windows 10 computer.
- Turn off your wireless router too.
- Now, disconnect the power cable from the Windows 10 computer.
- Locate and hold down the Power button on your Windows 10 computer controller for two to three minutes.
- After that, release the Power button.
- Wait for five to eight minutes.
- Then, reconnect the power cable into the Windows 10 computer and turn it ON. Switch on your router.
- Connect your Windows 10 computer to the network.
- Launch the Outlook application and try to connect your email account to the server.
Troubleshooting method 2: Disable the Work Offline option on your Outlook application
- On your Windows 10 computer, launch the Outlook application.
- Locate and click the Send/ Receive tab.
- Select the Work Offline option.
- If the Work Offline option is in gray, then it means it is enabled. To disable it, click on it.
- Now, try to connect the Outlook application to the server or check if the issue outlook cannot connect to server Windows 10 is persist.
Troubleshooting method 3: update the Outlook application and your Windows 10 computer
- On the Outlook application’s main interface, click the File menu.
- Locate and click the Office Account menu followed by the Update Options option.
- If there is an update available, your Windows 10 computer will begin the update process automatically.
- If not, the Updated message will appear on the screen.
Steps to update your Windows 10 computer’s OS
- Click anywhere in the search field.
- Type the Update keyword and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Otherwise, launch the Settings application.
- Click the Windows Update tab in the Update & Security section.
- In the Windows Update window, click the Check for Updates button.
- If an update is available, then the latest OS file will be downloaded and installed by the Windows 10 computer automatically.
Troubleshooting method 4: Repair the Outlook application installed on your Windows 10 computer
If outlook cannot connect to server Windows 10 issue persists, even after updating the Outlook application and your Windows 10 computer, then repair the Outlook Account by following the instructions given below.
- Launch the Outlook application.
- Click File > Info > Account & Social Network Settings > Account Settings.
- Now, the Account Settings dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Choose the email account that causing the issue from the suggested list.
- Click the Repair button.
- Now, the Repair Account dialog box will appear on the screen.
- The Repair Account dialog box will prompt you to re-enter credentials.
- Enter the credentials correctly.
- It is recommended to delete and enter the passwords.
- After re-configuring the account settings, click the Next button.
- Now, the Outlook application will try to establish a connection between the servers.
- If it is done successfully, the outlook cannot connect to server Windows 10 issue will be resolved.