- Windows 10 Support »
- PC Hanging Problem
HOW TO FIX PC HANG PROBLEM WINDOWS 10?
Some quick troubleshooting steps to resolve the PC hang problem Windows 10 computer are mentioned below.
- Go to the Windows search bar, type ‘Windows Update’ without the single quotes, and choose the Check for Updates option from the displayed search results.
- Click the Check for Updates button. The Windows 10 computer will check for an update and downloads it automatically.
- You have to press and hold the Win and S keys together on the keyboard.
- Type ‘control panel’ and select the same from the menu.
- Choose the Power Options option and click the Change plan settings link followed by the Change advanced power settings link.
- Once the Power Options dialog window opens, click the plus icon next to PCI Express.
- Expand the options by clicking the plus icon beside the Link State Power Management section.
- Choose the Off option from the Setting drop-down menu and select the Apply option followed by the OK option.
- Go to the Power Options dialog box again and click Turn off hard disk -> Never -> OK.
- Open the Power Options window, select the ‘Choose what the power button does’ option on the left panel, and click the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
- Deselect the checkbox next to the Turn on fast startup option and click the Save Changes button and checks the issue PC hang problem Windows 10.
- Go to the Start menu on the Windows 10 computer, click the Power icon, and select the Restart option while pressing the Shift key at the same time.
- When the Windows 10 computer restarts, select the following options:
- Advanced options
- Startup repair
- This process might take up to a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Type ‘Advanced’ in the Windows search bar and select the View advanced system settings option from the displayed menu.
- When you see the System Properties dialog window, go to the Performance section and click the Settings option.
- Click the Advanced tab followed by the Change option in the Performance Options dialog window.
- Deselect the checkbox beside the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers’ option.
- Select the radio button next to the Custom Size option, fill the Initial Size and Maximum Size field, and click the Set option followed by the OK option help to fix the issue PC hang problem Windows 10.
- Go to the Run dialog box by holding the Win and R keys together.
- Type ‘temp’ without the single quotes in the Open field and select the OK option.
- When the Temp dialog window appears on the screen, select all the files in the Temp folder and right-click them.
- Choose the Delete option.
- Press and hold the Win and X keys at the same time on the keyboard.
- Choose the Command Prompt option from the menu.
- Type the ‘netsh winsock reset’ command without the quotes in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key on the computer’s keyboard.
- Finally, restart the Windows 10 computer.
- Launch the Settings window, select the System option, and click the Apps & Features tab on the left panel.
- Select the application that is the reason for causing the problem and click the Uninstall option.
- This will remove the problematic software from the Windows 10 computer.
- Check if the PC hanging problem has been resolved.
- If not, try performing the following steps.
- Disconnect any external devices like hard drives and printers.
- Update the network driver.
- Run the SFC scan followed by the DISM scan.
- Disable the graphic card.
- Update the BIOS.
If needed, get support from our technical experts in resolving the PC hang problem Windows 10 computer.