- Windows 10 Support »
- Ping General Failure In Windows
HOW TO PING GENERAL FAILURE WINDOWS 10?
Ping is a network utility command used to check if the network protocol receives and delivers data correctly. Sometimes the ping commands can get wrong, which causes the communication error within the networks and the communicating devices. The most common issue faced while running the Ping command in the Command Prompt is the general failure error. As the reason for the command failure does not appear in the Command Prompt window, you have to resolve the issue by using the possible solutions. Read further to learn the different methods to fix the ping general failure Windows 10.
1. Remove applications blocking HTTP
- Check if any application on the system is blocking the HTTP data traffic and, if found, remove it from the system.
- If it is a third-party antivirus application or any other application, uninstall it and again, run the Ping command and check the error ping general failure Windows 10.
2. Change internet policies
- The Windows 10 computers have a pre-programmed internet policy based on which the computer chooses the Internet protocol version by default. You can change the internet protocol settings of the system.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and click the download link of Prefer IPv4 over IPv6 in prefix policies.
- Also, download the Microsoft Easy Fix 21066.
- After downloading, open the downloaded file and follow the guided instructions to complete the installation process.
- When the process is done, close the window and restart the computer.
- Again, run the Ping command in the Command Prompt window is to fix the error ping general failure Windows 10.
3. Turn off the Internet protocol policy
- If you are using an IPv4 or IPv6, disable it and see if the error is withdrawn.
- Click the Search bar on the desktop, type “cmd” and press Enter.
- When the suggested results appear, right-click the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Once the window opens up, input the below command lines and press the Enter key.
- netsh int ipv6 isatap set state disabled
- netsh int ipv6 6to4 set state disabled
- netsh interface teredo set state disable
- Next, close the command prompt window and restart the computer.
- Once the system turns on, verify if the ping general failure Windows 10 is fixed on your Windows 10 computer.