- Windows 10 Support »
- Slow Internet Speed In Windows 10
HO TO FIX ISSUE SLOW INTERNET SPEED WINDOWS 10?
Slow internet speed Windows 10 is a major issue faced by almost all computer users. Some of the common reasons for this issue are:
- The computer not placed within the range of the router — in Wi-Fi connections.
- High network traffic.
- Performing one or more action simultaneously over a single network.
- Poor network bandwidth.
These issues can be fixed easily by performing simple troubleshooting steps given on this page.
- If you are using a wireless network, then make sure to place your device within the range of the Wi-Fi router.
- Reduce the heavy workload and adjust the network bandwidth.
- Check the network speed after updating your device OS to 1809. It the issue slow internet speed Windows 10 is persists, then perform the troubleshooting methods given below to fix it.
- As soon as you encounter this issue, run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter on your computer.
- To run the troubleshooter, open Settings and click the Update & Security option followed by Troubleshoot.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
- After that, check if the internet speed issue is resolved.
- If not, close the Peer to Peer Update Process.
- To close it, click the Update and Security option in the Settings window.
- Click Advanced Options > Choose How Updates are Delivered.
- Disable the ON button.
- Now, check if the internet speed issue is resolved on your Windows 10 computer.
- If not, adjust the Internet Bandwidth Settings by following the instructions given below.
- Launch the Run dialog box using the Windows and R key combo.
- Enter the command gpedit.msc and click the OK button.
- Now, a window titled Group Policy will open.
- Click Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler > Limit reservable bandwidth > Enable.
- Now, change the reservable bandwidth value from 20 to 0.
- After changing it, click the Apply button followed by OK.
- Now, check if the slow internet speed Windows 10 issue has been resolved. If not, contact us.