- Windows 10 Support »
- Flickering On Windows 10
How To Fix Screen Flickering Windows 10?
First, try to find the reason for the flickering screen problem on your Windows 10 computer.
- Press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys together on the keyboard.
- This will open the Task Manager window.
Case 1 – Everything flickers except Task Manager
This might be due to the incompatible application installed on your Windows 10 computer.
Case 2 – Everything on the screen flickers
- This happens when the problem is with drivers.
- Proceed with the troubleshooting steps to resolve the flickering screen problem on the Windows 10 computer.
Uninstalling incompatible applications:
- Navigate to the Settings window, click the System option, and select the Apps & Features option on the left panel.
- Choose the application that is causing the problem and then select the Uninstall option.
- If prompted, select the Uninstall option for the confirmation and fix the error screen flickering Windows 10.
- Alternatively, go to the Control Panel window and select the All Control Panel Items option followed by the Programs and Features option.
- Select the program and click the Uninstall option.
- This will uninstall any problematic applications/programs on the Windows 10 computer.
- Before updating the driver, start the Windows computer in safe mode as per the instructions given here to fix the error screen flickering Windows 10.
- Hold the Win and I keys at the same time and select the Update & Security option followed by the Recovery option.
- Go to the Advanced Startup section and select the Restart Now option.
- Once the Windows 10 computer restarts, click Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings -> Restart.
- After restarting, a list of options will be displayed on the screen.
- Press the F4 key on the keyboard. This will start the Windows 10 computer in safe mode.
- Now, go to the Start icon and right-click it.
- Select the Device Manager option from the menu, click the arrow next to Display adapters, and select your adapter.
- Click the Uninstall Device option.
- Do the same to delete all the adapters in the Display adapters section.
- Select the checkbox beside the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ option, click the Uninstall option, and restart the Windows 10 computer.
- Hold the Win and I keys together to access the Settings window.
- Select the Update & Security option followed by the Windows Update option and click the Check for updates option.
- This will update the drivers on the Windows computer help to fix the error screen flickering Windows 10.