- Windows 10 Support »
- Local System High CPU Windows 10
Issue: Service Host Local System High CPU Windows 10
If the files stored on your Windows computer are corrupted, then there is a chance for the server host high CPU usage problem to occur. If you are facing the same issue service host local system high CPU Windows 10, then you have reached the right page to solve it.
Run Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT)
- First, run this tool and try to fix the service host local system high CPU Windows 10 issue.
- Download and install the WPT application on your Windows 10 computer.
- After installing the toolkit, open an elevated command prompt on your computer.
- Run the WPRUI.exe command on the command prompt screen.
- Now, a window titled Windows Performance Recorder will open.
- Check the sleep, shutdown, waking, or reboot checkboxes.
- Based on your desire, select the Performance scenario option from the given drop-down menu.
- Choose the Light option instead of verbose from the Detail level drop-down menu if you wish to reduce your file size.
- Click the Start button when you encounter the high CPU usage again.
- Wait for the toolkit to run and resolve the issue. Toolkit approximately takes 30 seconds to complete the process.
- Similarly, if you encounter the system high CPU issue that involves sleep, hibernation, shutdown, or reboot, then you need to configure the WPR tool as instructed below.
- For example, if your problem involves reboot, then select the Boot option from the Performance scenario drop-down menu.
- Choose the Verbose or Light option from the Detail Level drop-down menu.
- Click the checkboxes beside the options CPU Usage and Pool Usage options in the Select additional profiles for performance recording section.
- Click the Start button when you encounter the same issue again.
- After running the WPT application, check if the service host local system high CPU Windows 10 problem is resolved on your computer. If not, contact us.