- Windows 10 Support »
- Superfetch High Disk Used
HOW TO FIX SUPERFETCH HIGH DISK USAGE?
Superfetch high disk usage is a common problem in Windows 10 operating system. It can be fixed by carrying out the necessary troubleshooting steps. If you wish to fix the error on your own, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type “services.msc” in the search panel.
- Press the Enter button to open the Services window.
- Locate the Superfetch service and give a right-click on it.
- Next, select the Properties option.
- In the Properties window, click the Disable button followed by OK.
- Now, the Superfetch service will be disabled on your Windows.
- Restart your PC and check if the superfetch high disk usage problem persists.
- Click the search panel and type “Regedit” to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor window, type the file path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControl/SetControl/SessionManager/Memory Management/PrefetchParameters” in the address bar.
- On the right-side panel, give a double-click on the EnablePrefetch entry.
- Set the default value to 0 in the Value Data box.
- Next, reboot your PC and check if the disk image size has been reduced.
- On your Windows, open the Run panel by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type “cmd” in the text field and click the OK button to open the Command Prompt app as an administrator.
- Alternatively, press the Windows + X shortcut keys to open the Quick Access menu.
- Click the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the displayed menu.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box pops-up, click the Yes button.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the net.exe stop “Windows search” command and press the Enter key.
- This will disable the Windows Search on your computer.
- Restart your PC and open the Task Manager to check if the disk usage is set to normal.
- If the problem persists, relaunch the Command Prompt app.
- Type the “chkdsk /r” command and press the Enter key to run the disk check scan after fix the issue superfetch high disk usage.