- Windows 10 Support »
- System Interrupts High CPU In Windows
Issue: System Interrupts High CPU Windows 10
The main reason for the high CPU usage on your Windows 10 computer is the ‘system interrupts’ that could lead to hardware or driver issues. To resolve this system interrupts high CPU Windows 10 problem, carry out the troubleshooting steps mentioned on this page.
Some times, restarting your Windows 10 computer might resolve the issue. If the restart didn’t help in resolving the issue, then perform the steps mentioned below.
Step 1 – Updating drivers
- Right-click the Start icon at the bottom-left end of the screen and select the Device Manager option.
- Now, the Device Manager window will be displayed on the screen.
- Search for your driver, right-click it, and choose the Update Driver option.
- Make sure to update all the drivers on your computer.
Step 2 – Rollback drivers
- If this problem system interrupts high CPU Windows 10 arises after updating the drivers, rollback them.
- Sometimes, the latest version of the driver might be incompatible with the Windows 10 operating system.
- To rollback the driver, right-click the driver in the Device Manager window.
- Select the Properties option from the context menu.
- When the driver’s Properties window opens, click the Driver tab and select the Roll Back Driver option.
Step 3 – External hardware
- If the issue is not caused by the drivers, then disconnect all the external hardware such as the keyboard, mouse, printer, hard drive, and so on.
- Launch the Task Manager window, remove the hardware one after another, and check which one is causing the system interrupts on the Windows 10 computer.
Step 4 – Disabling hardware
- If you do not want to remove any of the external hardware, you can disable them and check for the reason behind the issue.
- Hold the Win and X keys together, click the Device Manager option, and right-click your external hardware device.
- Select the Disable option.
- If the disabled hardware is not causing the problem, enable it.
- If you need technical assistance from our support member in resolving the system interrupts high CPU Windows 10 computer, click the Call button provided below.