- Windows 10 Support »
- USB Not Accessed Windows 10
How To Fix USB Access Denied Windows 10?
The Easeus data recovery software can be of great help in resolving the error message on Windows 10. It helps in recovering the data from Hard Drive or the USB or the file folders on your computer. The software and solutions given here will help you restore data and fix remote storage devices with an USB access denied windows 10 error right now.
- When the USB access is denied on your Windows 10 computer, you will read the message, “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder.”
- When you click the Continue button, you will see another message that reads, saying, “You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder, you will need to use the security tab.”
In different messages, you may face the same kind of error:
- “Drive is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable”.
- “Drive is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect”.
- “Drive is not accessible. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable”.
If you don’t have the permission to access the protected hard drive or USB, files, etc., you will not be able to open the drive and even get the “access denied” error message.
Another option to get permission for the inaccessible hard drive, USB or file folders:
Right-click on the Drive that you are not able to access in the USB or file folder, and select the Properties option from the list.
- Go to the Security tab, click Advanced Settings, and then navigate to the owner’s tab option.
- Click on Edit and then click on your username under Group or username section given.
Follow the directions given below to resolve access denied error for USB.
Method 1: Recover The Data From The Inaccessible File
The MiniTool power data recovery software can be of great help since it is safe and user-friendly.
The recovery of files from the inaccessible drive is more comfortable with the help of the recovery module on Windows 10 and Windows 8 Operating Systems used to fix the USB access denied windows 10.
Choose a Drive to Recover
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery on the This PC interface.
- Choose the Drive with the “access is denied” error.
- Choose the target partition and click the Scan button to go on.
Scanning the Drive that has the Access Denied Error
- The software will begin scanning the drive you cannot access.
- The list of scans will show all the files stored in the drive.
- You have the option of pausing the scan, but wait until the full scanning is complete for the best recovery result while fixing the USB access denied windows 10.
Choose Files to Recover
- You can unfold the folders to find out the appropriate file path or use Type, Find & Filter options.
- Once the scan is complete, you can check on all the files.
- Click the Save button once done.
Save the files to a proper location
- Choose a safe place to save all the recorded data.
- You can save the file in a different storage device.
- It is recommended that you store needed files to another drive.
- Sometimes, the lost data might be overwritten.
Method 2: Uninstall Drive Or Usb Device
If the error – the drive is not convenient or USB access denied windows 10 occurred, you can choose to uninstall the drive.
Type device manager or devmgmt.msc in the search bar of the Start menu, and open the Device Manager window,Find the hard drive or USB device in the list, right-click on it, and choose the Uninstall device.
Take control of the Drive:
- To fix the drive that is not accessible on your Windows 10 computer, follow the directions given below.
- Launch the Windows explorer and locate the drive that cannot be accessed.
- Right-click on the Drive and choose the Properties option.
- Click the Security tab and click the Advanced button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- You can change the permissions according to your preferences while to fix the USB access denied windows 10.
Open the Command prompt and perform the chkdsk command
- Click on the Start button in the Windows 10 computer and open the command prompt.
- Open the command prompt window using the shortcut keys, Windows Key + R buttons.
- When the Run command opens, enter cmd and hit the Enter button.
- When the command prompt opens, enter the command: chkdsk /r h: and hit the Enter button.
- The prompt will run the command.
- Wait for the process to complete and then close the command prompt.
Method 3: Replace The Hard Drive
If the above methods didn’t help you in resolving the USB access denied windows 10 OS error, you can replace your hard drive with a new one.