- Windows 10 Support »
- WiFI IP Configuration Failure
WiFi IP Configuration Failure Windows 10
Let’s see how to resolve this error wifi IP configuration failure Windows 10 computer.
The Wi-Fi IP Configuration on your Windows 10 computer may fail, and it is one of the most common issues encountered by Windows 10 users.
In the section below, we will help you to solve this issue quickly.
Most of us prefer Wi-Fi connection rather than a wired network connection.
Wi-Fi is easy-to-connect and lets your device access the network from anywhere within the range.
If you encounter an error while configuring Wi-Fi IP, you won’t be allowed to access the network from your Windows 10 computer.
Solution 1: Reset TCP/IP
- To do it, open the Command Prompt application with the admin rights.
- Run the following commands one-by-one mentioned below.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- Once you run the above commands successfully, close the Command Prompt window.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
- And check the issue wifi IP configuration failure Windows 10.
Solution 2: Change your wireless network’s SSID and password
- Most of the users have reported that changing the wireless network’s SSID and password has fixed the Wi-Fi IP configuration failure issue on their computer.
- To do so, using an Ethernet cable connect your Windows 10 computer directly to the modem.
- Now, refer to your modem’s manual and change the network’s SSID and password.
- Once you have done it, check if you are able to perform Wi-Fi IP configuration.
- If not, try the next solution mentioned below to resolve this issue.
Solution 3: Change the network channel width
- Set your network’s channel width to Auto and check if the Wi-Fi IP configuration failure has resolved.
- To do so, locate & press the Windows and X buttons simultaneously.
- Now, a list of menus will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the Network Connections option from the menu.
- Now, a window titled Network Connection will open.
- Select and right-click on your wireless network.
- Click the Properties option followed by the Configure button.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Locate the 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4.
- Set the located band to Auto. Click the OK button.
- If the issue has not been resolved not, set your wireless network’s IP address manually and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Set IP address manually
- In the Network Connection screen, select and right-click on your wireless network.
- Select Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Click the Properties button.
- Go to the Use the following IP address option.
- Enter the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway values in the corresponding fields correctly. That help to avoid the issue wifi IP configuration failure Windows 10.
- Once you have entered the values correctly, click OK.
- Try to configure your Wi-Fi IP.
For remote assistance in resolving the issue wifi IP configuration failure Windows 10, contact our technical support team.