- Windows 10 Support »
- WIFI Invalid IP Configuration
Issue: WiFi Invalid IP Configuration Windows 10
While connecting a Windows 10 computer to WiFi, some users see the WiFi invalid IP configuration Windows 10 error message on the screen. To resolve this issue, proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided below.
- Hold the Win and X keys together on the keyboard and select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the ‘netsh winsock reset’ command followed by the ‘netsh int ip reset’ command and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Exit the Command Prompt window, restart the Windows 10 computer, and check if the WiFi invalid IP configuration Windows 10 issue has been resolved.
- If the above commands did not fix the issue, enter the following commands in the Command Prompt window.
- Ipconfig /release
- Ipconfig /flushdns
- Ipconfig /renew
- Note: If you use a static IP address, you have to set it again after restarting Windows 10.
Changing the wireless network name and password
- Connect your wireless router to your Windows 10 laptop/computer using the Ethernet cable.
- Access the wireless router’s web-based setup page using its IP address, username, and password.
- Navigate to the Wireless web page, create a new network name in the SSID field, and then enter a new password for the network.
- Save the changed network settings.
- Once done, remove the Ethernet cable connected between the computer and the router and establish a wireless connection between them.
Channel width – Auto
- Access the Quick menu on your computer by pressing Win + X keys simultaneously.
- Select the Network Connection option, right-click your wireless network connection, and choose the Properties option.
- Click the Configure button, go to the Advanced tab, and search for 802.11n Channel Width.
- Select the Auto option and click the OK button.
Setting the IP address manually
- Go to the Properties window of your wireless network connection and click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties.
- Select the radio button beside the Use the following IP address option, fill the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway fields, and click OK.
- A few of the routers are limited only to 50 DHCP users. This might also be the reason for the error message.
- Try to increase the number of DHCP users.
- If you have any doubts in resolving the WiFi invalid IP configuration Windows 10 error message, click the Call button to contact our technical experts.