- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 1809 Problems
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 1809 PROBLEMS?
In November 2018, Microsoft released the most recent Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1809. It is called “Windows 10 October 2018 Update.” There have been complaints from some users that they are unable to install the update 1809 and getting Windows 1809 problems. Their Windows computer freezes or goes back to the previous (Windows 10) version without upgrading.
The main problem at hand can be stated as:
Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 Failed to Install
- Prior to updating Windows 10, let us look at some essential things to do and solve the Windows 1809 problems:
- Uninstall the third-party security programs from your Windows 10 computer.
- Disconnect the unwanted USB connected devices.
- Ensure that your computer has got adequate free disk space before you begin to install the update.
- If the Developer Mode on your computer is enabled, then uninstall it now.
- Before you begin the method described below, you need to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter and run the same.
Download and install the Windows 10 version 1809 update by using the Manual method:
You can download and install your update by making use of the Windows Update Assistant. To do the same, carry out the instructions given here:
- First, delete the SoftwareDistribution folder from your Windows computer.
- Next, open the default web browser on the computer.
- Navigate to the Windows 10 download site. Click on the Update Now button.
- You will find the following question, Do you want to run or save Windows10Upgrade9252.exe (6.23 MB) from download.microsoft.com?
- At this stage, you have two choices:
- You can click on the Run button and begin the installation immediately. (Or)
- You can click the Save button and run the installer later on.
- When you reach the Update to the latest version of Windows 10 screen, click the Update Now button.
- Then, continue with the on-screen prompts to finish installing the update also overcome the Windows 1809 problems.