- Windows 10 Support »
- Activation Error 0xc004f014
WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION ERROR 0XC004F014
Usually, after installing the operating system on your computer, you may encounter the Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f014 error message when you try to activate your OS. Follow any of the below methods to solve this error message.
Methods To Fix The Activation Error
Method 1: Using the built-in Activation Troubleshooter
The Activation Troubleshooter tries to fix the Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f014 automatically.
- Open the Start menu on your computer.
- Select the Settings icon and look for the Activation option under the Update & Security tab in the Settings window.
- Click on the Activation option and then select Troubleshoot. This ACTIVATION ERROR 0XC004F014 will start the Troubleshooter.
- If a User Account Control pop-up appears, then click Yes on it, so that the Troubleshooter can run on the computer.
- Once the troubleshooting is completed, if the window shows, ‘We weren’t able to activate Windows on this device,’ then click ‘I changed hardware on this device recently.’
- Now, enter your email account and password and click the Sign in button.
- Once you log in, select your computer name and then click ‘ This is the device I’m using right now’ option.
- Finally, click the Activate button.
This will Activate the copy of the Windows 10 operating system on your computer.
Method 2: Activate using a Default Key
To activate your Windows 10 operating system using a default key, perform the below steps.
- Open a new text file on your computer and enter the generic registration key and the new registration key of your Windows 10 operating system into it.
- Now, disconnect your computer from the network and Reboot your computer.
- After the reboot, copy the generic registration key from the text file you have created.
- Right-click on the Windows icon on your computer, and select the System option to fix windows 10 activation error 0xc004f014.
- In the System window, select ‘Change Product Key’ and paste the copied generic registration key into it.
- Now, click Start Upgrade. The system may reboot a few times.
- When the upgrade is complete, again right-click on the Windows icon and select System menu.
- Enable the network connection to your computer.
- Open the text file you created and copy the new registration key.
- In the System window, click ‘Change Product Key.’
- Paste the new product registration key and click Next.
This will fix your Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f014 in the windows 10 operating system on your computer.