- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 Shutdown Problem
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 10 AUTO SHUTDOWN PROBLEM?
Many times in a day, you will tend to leave your desktop open. In some situations, you might leave a browser open after you search for something. In other instances, you might leave your Windows 10 computer open for a very long time to attend a call or some urgent work. In these scenarios, your computer will shut down automatically.If you have enabled the Auto Shutdown Schedule on your Windows 10 computer that the issue Windows 10 auto shutdown problem wil occur, and then you have to get back to some urgent business, then you might think of canceling the Schedule. Once you know the exact procedure of canceling the Auto Shutdown Schedule, you can carry it out easily and quickly. Please follow the instructions provided below to do the same:
Method 1-Canceling using the Run dialog box:
- First, on your computer, press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously. This action will open the Run dialog box on your computer.
- In the dialog box, type in “shutdown –a” (without the quotes) and then click the OK button.
- Once you click the OK button, the Auto Shutdown Schedule will get canceled.
Method 2-Canceling through the Command Prompt:
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type in “shutdown –a” (without quotes) and then press the Enter key.
- After you press Enter, the Windows 10 auto shutdown problem will (automatically) get cleared.
Method 3-Canceling by using Windows PowerShell:
- On your computer, press the Windows key and theX key at the same time.
- Now, click the Windows PowerShell option to open it.
- Once Windows PowerShell opens up, type in “shutdown –a” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Once you press Enter, the Auto Shutdown Schedule will be canceled.
By utilizing the above methods, you should be able to stop the Windows 10 auto shutdown problem on your Windows 10 computer.