- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Battery Not Charging
FIX ISSUE: WINDOWS BATTERY NOT CHARGING
Most of us go prefer devices, be it a mobile phone, tablet, laptop, or computer that has a long service life. The laptop’s battery life is based on how we make use of it and maintain it. If the Windows 10 battery not charging, then refer to the instructions that follow to fix the issue.
Some of the reasons for the battery not charging issue
- Charging cable might be damaged, or the cable is not connected securely.
- The laptop’s internal battery might be damaged.
- The power outlet might be turned OFF.
- The driver file related to your laptop’s battery could be corrupted.
To fix the Windows 10 battery not charging issue, first check the possible causes stated above and rectify them if required.
Try performing the advanced methods discussed below if every factor mentioned above is set right, but the issue persists.
Generally, the Windows 10 OS for laptops have the Battery Report program built-in. This function will provide information about your laptop’s health status, usage, and other information. It also provides the right instructions to solve the issues related to your laptop’s battery life.
To run the Battery Report program on your Windows 10 laptop, follow the instructions given below.
- On your Windows 10 laptop’s keyboard, locate and press the Windows logo and X buttons at the same time.
- Now, a list of options will appear on the screen.
- From the list, select the Windows PowerShell (Admin) option.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button.
- Now, in the PowerShell window, enter the command powercfg/batteryreport/output”C:\battery-report.html” .
- Then, press the Enter button.
- Wait for the battery report command to run.
- After that, go to your Windows 10 laptop’s File Explorer section.
- Click the This PC option followed by Windows (C:).
- Locate the battery-report.html option and right-click on it.
- Select the Open option.
- Now, your laptop’s battery report will open in your device’s default web browser.
- Read and perform the solutions displayed on it to solve your Windows 10 laptop battery not charging issue.
- If the Windows 10 laptop’s battery not charging issue persists, then run the Windows 10 Battery Troubleshooter on your device.
- Open the Settings window on your Windows 10 laptop.
- Click the Update & Security Power option followed by Run the Troubleshooter.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to complete the repair.
- Once it is done, check if the battery issue persists. If the issue Windows 10 battery not charging persists, continue with the steps below.
Proceed to reset the internal CMOS of your Windows 10 laptop by following the instructions given below.
- To perform it, you have to remove the battery from your Windows 10 laptop.
- After removing the battery, disconnect the charging cable from the laptop.
- Then, hold down the Power button for 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, release the Power button and reinsert the battery into your laptop.
- If the Windows 10 battery not charging issue persists, reset your Windows 10 laptop.