- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 Blue Screen Error
Fix Windows 10 Blue Screen Video TDR Failure Error
This section will help you to resolve the Windows 10 computer’s blue screen video TDR failure issue.Before going into the troubleshooting process, let’s see some basic information about the Windows 10 blue screen video TDR failure issue.
What is Video TDR?
TDR is the short form of Timeout, Detection, and Recovery. All Windows computers have this TDR component to help stop BSODs by resetting the GPU.
Why does the error Video TDR failure occurs in Windows?
If the graphical device is overloaded or used beyond its capabilities, then there is a chance for the Windows 10 blue screen video TDR failure issue to occur.
Update the drivers manually
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Device Manager application.
- Now, expand the Display Adapters list and select the video driver from it.
- Right-click on the selected driver and select the Update Driver option.
- Now, the driver update process begins on your Windows 10 computer, wait for it to complete.
- After updating the driver, make sure to restart your Windows 10 computer.
- Now, check if the blue screen video TDR failure issue has been resolved.
- If not, try the next solution to solve this issue.
Perform Roll Back Driver
- In the Device Manager window, open the video driver by double-clicking on it.
- Click the Driver tab followed by Roll Back Driver.
- Perform the prompted instructions.
- After the rollback driver process, check if the Video TDR failure is resolved.
Uninstall and re-install the Video Card Driver file
- If the Windows 10 blue screen video TDR failure issuer persists on your Windows 10 computer, then uninstall and re-install the driver file.
- Select the Video driver file on the Device Manager screen and right-click on it.
- Choose the Video TDR Device option.
- After uninstalling the video card driver, download the latest version of the driver and install it.
Uninstall and re-install nvlddmkm.sys
- If you are using NVIDIA GPU, then the nvlddmkm.sys file might be causing the issue.
- To solve it, uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA driver on your Windows 10 computer. And check the issue Windows 10 blue screen video TDR failure is persist.