- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 File Sharing Can’t Working
FIX WINDOWS 10 FILE SHARING NOT WORKING
If you are facing Windows 10 file sharing not working on your computer, proceed with the steps that are given below to fix the issue.
Step 1: Allow File and Network Sharing
- Go to the Start menu and type Control Panel in the Search section.
- Launch Control Panel and click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Change advanced sharing settings option if your Windows 10 file sharing not working normaly.
- Select the Private tab and turn on Network discovery.
- Also, turn on file and printer sharing. Then, click on the Save Changes button.
- Now, right-click on the file you want to share and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Sharing tab and select Advanced Sharing.
- Checkmark the Share this folder option to enable sharing.
- Select the Permissions tab and change them as accordingly. Then, click on the Apply button.
Step 2: Turn off password protected sharing
- Go to the Control Panel window and click Network and Sharing Center.
- Go to the Change advanced sharing settings section.
- Select the All Networks tab and turn off password protected sharing. Then, click on the Save Changes button.
- Reboot your system to check whether the Windows 10 file sharing not working issue is resolved.
Step 3: Checking a folder
- If the issue persists, check the folder, whether it is shared.
- Right-click on the folder that you want to share and select the Give access to option.
- If there is a Remove access option, the folder is not shared.
- Go to Properties of the folder and select the Sharing tab.
- You can view the Shared label under the File name.
Step 4: Allow File Sharing through Firewall
- Launch Control Panel and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select the Allow app feature through Windows Defender Firewall option.
- This process will allow File sharing through Firewall.
- Restart your computer to resolve the Windows 10 file sharing not working issue.