- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 Freezes After Installing Antivirus
Why Windows 10 Freezes After Installing Kaspersky?
Kaspersky is one of the best antivirus software present in the market. And, as we all know, the Windows 10 OS has its share of problems with the security of the device. Being exposed to viruses online is one of them. You can download the Kaspersky antivirus software and save your computer from all kinds of errors and malware. You would have come across several instances when your computer would freeze for a couple of minutes. It is one of the most annoying things to happen, isn’t it? Windows 10 has been having the same error and the occurrences of the issue have been more frequent than ever. The reason behind the freeze is not yet known.Since we do not know what causes Windows 10 freezes after installing Kaspersky, we have some troubleshooting steps that would help you solve the issue in no time.
Method 1: Free up disk space
- When you find out that there is no space left in any of the drives installed on your Windows 10 computer, you might notice the OS freeze.
- It is best to delete the unwanted data from each of the drives present.
- If you have any documents with much bigger file size, connect an external hard drive and move the files to the external hard drive.
Method 2: Disconnect USB devices
If you find your Windows 10 computer freezing, you do not have to panic.
- All you can do is disconnect all external devices connected to the computer. For example, wireless keyboard, mouse, external hard drives, printers, scanners, etc.
- Press and hold the power button on your computer for up to 20 seconds to force shut down and press the power button again to turn it on.
- Windows 10 won’t freeze anymore and you can run the Kaspersky antivirus scan anytime and the issue Windows 10 freezes after installing Kaspersky is resolved.
Method 3: Run a disk check
You can check to see if your hard disk is faulty.
- Close all the running applications from the Task Manager.
- Click the Start button and select This PC.
- Right-click on the Local Disk (C:) drive and select the Local Disk (C:) option.
- Click the Tools tab and click the Check button.
- You will see a message Local Disk (C:)
Method 4: Update device drivers
The freezes could also be a hardware problem. In order to solve any issue related to the hardware, you have to update the device drivers on your Windows 10 system.
- Click the Windows icon and select Settings.
- In the Settings page, click the Update & security option.
- Click the Windows update option from the left side of the Settings window.
- Click the Check for Updates button from the Windows update section.
- The Windows 10 will now scan for updates. If updates are found, it will download and install them automatically and fix the issue Windows 10 freezes after installing Kaspersky.
Method 5: Clear computer temp files
If your Windows computer does not have enough space to store the temp files, it can slow down or freeze the Windows. You can clear the temp files from the following steps:
- Open the Run command window.
- Enter Check for Updates in the Run command and click the OK button.
- The folder containing all the temp files will open. Select all the data (ctrl + A) and press the Delete button.
Method 6: Run a system file check
The SFC scan is a System File Check utility that is built-in for the Windows operating system.
The sfc scan helps in finding the corrupted files in the system and replaces them with verified ones.
- Open the Run command.
- Type cmd and press the Enter button.
- Enter the command sfc /scannow and press the Enter button.
- Wait for the command to complete the process and close the command prompt once done.
Method 7: PERFORM A SYSTEM RESTORE
- Type sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
- In the window that opens, click the System Restore button and click Next
- Select the option to restore the system to its previous state and click the Next button.
- You can now follow the on-screen instructions and complete the system restore and fix the issue Windows 10 freezes after installing Kaspersky.