- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 Installation error
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION ERROR?
If you are stuck while installing the Windows 10 OS on your computer with an error, you should first be knowing the cause of the Windows 10 installation error to proceed to resolve it.
- The drivers might be corrupted and may cause incompatibility in the Windows 10 upgrade.
- The Windows Update is missing, or the file is corrupted.
- The update procedure is interrupted or halted during startup.
- The Windows update servers are not connecting to the computer.
- The computer does not have free space for disk partition.
- There are no updates installed on the computer.
- The Apps on the computer interrupts with the installation.
- The computer does not have the requirements to install the Windows 10 operating system.
Follow some standard troubleshooting methods to resolve the Windows 10 installation error.
Method 1: Fix error in driver
- Click the Start button on the Windows computer.
- You will see a search bar, type Windows Device Manager and hit the enter button,
- The Device manager window will now open.
- Scroll through the list of devices and locate the ones with error symbol beside them.
- Right-click on such devices and select either Update driver software or Uninstall. See if it fixes the error.
- Also, try running a disk check from your system. To open the Run command, press the Windows key + R key together.
- When the Run command opens, type cmd and press the Enter button.
- When the command prompt opens, enter the following command:
- Chkdsk/f and press the Enter button.
- The Checkdisk command will find if there are any errors in the disk, and the repair will be done automatically.
- Once the Checkdisk is complete, restart the computer.
- You can find the methods below useful if the one above doesn’t help.
Method 2: Check for pending updates
- Check to see if the computer has any old pending updates that might be stopping the Windows 10 installation error on OS.
- Click the Start button.
- In the search field, type Windows Updates and press the Enter button.
- The windows update settings will be seen in the search result, click the option.
- The Update & Security page will open, click the Check for updates button.
- Install the window updates for the present OS.
- Try installing Windows 10.
Method 3: Disable and enable services
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run command.
- In the Run command, type cmd and press the Enter button.
- When the command prompt opens, you have to disable the following services.
- Enter the following command for each of the four services and press the Enter button for each.
- Windows Update Services: net stop wuauserv
- Cryptographic: net stop cryptSvc
- BITS: net stop bits
- MSI Installer: net stop msiserver
- Now, rename the SoftwareDistribution and the Catroot2 folder.
- Enter the following command in the command prompt to proceed with the renaming:
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Restart the services disabled at the start of the method and press the Enter button for each command.
- Windows Update Services: net start wuauserv
- Cryptographic: net start cryptSvc
- BITS: net start bits
- MSI Installer: net start msiserver
- Try installing the program again and also make sure there is a proper power supply to the computer to avoid interruptions during the installation.
Method 4: Free space in Hard drive
The installation error can also be caused if the computer does not meet the proper requirements for installing Windows 10. Follow the steps to see the free space available:
- Click the Start button and open the Settings window.
- Go to the system and see the free space available for each drive on the computer.
- You can uninstall the unwanted applications to free some space for Windows 10 installation.
- Click the Start button and select The Control panel.
- Select the Programs option and click Programs and Features from the menu.
- The screen will open a list of programs that are present on your computer.
- Right-click on a program from the list and click the Uninstall button.
- The program will be uninstalled from the computer.
- Repeat the same steps to fix the Windows 10 installation error and all the unwanted applications to free space for the installation.