- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Mouse Sensitivity
How To Fix Windows 10 Mouse Sensitivity Issue
The mouse pointer is important for selecting the desired option on the computer screen, and the pointer speed is a major aspect of gaming. Some people feel that the default mouse pointer speed is fast, but others think it is slow. Few mouse brands have their software to adjust the mouse sensitivity. Windows 10 systems provide the users with an option to modify the Windows 10 mouse sensitivity.
Read more on the different ways to improve the Windows mouse sensitivity.
Set the mouse sensitivity on Control Panel
- Search for ‘Control Panel’ using the search box on the desktop and click the top result to open the Control Panel window.
- After that, select the Mouse menu in the Control Panel window.
- Then the Mouse Properties window opens up. Click the Pointer Options tab and adjust the slider in the Motion division to improve the pointer speed.
- Tick the checkbox beside Enhance pointer precision, modify the settings in the Snap To and Visibility sections if needed, and click the OK button.
- Next, select the Apply button to save the settings.
Change the registry value
- On the desktop, press the Win and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, enter “regedit” in the Open field and click OK.
- Once the Registry Editor window opens up, make sure to create a backup before you change any settings.
- Click the File menu and select Export from the list of options.
- Below Export Range, click the radio button beside All, name the file, and select the Save button.
- After that, return to the Registry Editor window and follow the path Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse on the left panel.
- Move to the right panel, open the MouseSpeed, and then change the Value data to ‘2’ in the Edit String box.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
- Next, for MouseThreshold1 and MouseThreshold2, set the Value data to ‘0.’
- If you feel the Windows 10 mouse sensitivity is high, then alter the MouseThreshold1 and MouseThreshold2 to values accordingly, but make sure to keep the value of MouseThreshold2 greater than or equal to MouseThreshold1.
With Mouse software
- You can use the mouse software on the system to change the speed and Windows 10 mouse sensitivity.