- Windows 10 Support »
- Software Installation Problems
WINDOWS 10 SOFTWARE INSTALLATION PROBLEMS
There are Windows 10 software installation problems that frequently occur on your Windows 10 computer. A couple of those commonly-occurring issues and their solutions are described below:
Error Codes on your Windows 10 computer:
At times, during Windows installation, the program might abruptly stop. Following this, an error code will be displayed. There are hundreds of error codes that might pop up on your computer. The very first thing that you need to do in fixing a particular error code is to note it down. Since you might not be able to copy it from your display screen, you have to write it down somewhere.The next step is to search the internet for the core problem. Hopefully, you will find a solution for the error code and also fix the Windows 10 software installation problems.
In case you cannot find a reliable solution for the specific error code on the internet, you can make use of the following steps instead:
- First, unplug the unwanted devices from your computer/laptop. These will include your flash drives and dongles.
- Next, if you are using a desktop, disconnect any unwanted internal hardware. In case your PC contains a sound card on the motherboard, you have to remove any stand-alone cards. Also, unplug the secondary storage drives, if any.
- Try removing unnecessary programs before you start with the installation.
- If the Windows installation process is incomplete or if you are having any problem with the startup, you can disable hibernation. To do the same, type powercfg /h off in the Command Prompt window.
Rolling back an update on your computer:
In some situations, updates will have adverse effects on your computer. So, you might have to roll them back. There were many issues with the March 2020 Windows 10 update. These issues were ranging from blue screens to audio loss. Users also encountered some login problems.
When you roll back the update and switch to the earlier version of your Windows OS, you can solve many of the problems on your computer.
To roll back to the previous version, make use of the steps given below:
- Using the Search box on your computer, locate Settings. Choose the Settings option and then select the Update & Security option.
- From the menu on your left, select the Windows Update option. Go on to choose View update history . Here, you can view the most recent updates that you have installed along with the Uninstall updates option. Now, choose this option to solve Windows 10 software installation problems.
- From the list that displays on your screen, select the latest update. Then, click on the Uninstall button.
- The previous version of the Windows OS will start running now.
NOTE: It would be wise to do some research and conclude which update is the reason behind all the issues you are currently experiencing.
We have now finished discussing some issues associated with your Windows 10 software installation problems. We have also seen some troubleshooting tips and techniques to solve some of the problems on your Windows 10 computer.