- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error 0x80070422
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0X80070422
On your Windows computer, when you try to update your Windows operating system, you may face the Windows error 0x80070422. When this error occurs, you might not be able to download the updates for your Windows operating system. When your operating system is obsolete, it leads to security issues and other functionality issues on your operating system. So, when you face the Windows Update Error 0x80070422, it is advised to make the Windows Event Collector, Windows Event Log, and Windows Update services to run automatically.
The steps to enable these services to run automatically on a Windows 10 computer are given below.
- Turn on your Windows 10 computer and log in as an administrator.
- Now, type ‘services’ in the search tool present at the bottom of your computer.
- Then, click the Services icon from the search result.
- The Services window will open on your computer.
- In the Services window, scroll down and locate the Windows Event Collector service and double-click to open its properties.
- In the Windows Event Collector Properties, click the Startup type drop-down list button and select the Automatic option.
- Then, apply the changes you made by clicking on the Apply button at the bottom of the Properties window, and then click the Start button in the Service status section.
- When the Service status shows Running, click OK to close the Properties window.
- Similarly, locate and open the Windows Event Log service.
- In the ‘Windows Event Log Properties’ window, set the Startup type to automatic and click the Apply button.
- Then, to start the service, click the Start button and then click the OK button.
- Finally, click and open the Windows Update service properties.
- In the properties windows, select the Startup type and set it to automatic.
- Then, click the Apply button and Start button.
- Finally, click the OK button when the Service status shows running in the Windows Update Properties window.
Following the above-mentioned steps will make the services to start automatically, thus clearing the Windows Update Error 0x80070422.