- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error 0xc1900101
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0XC1900101
The Windows update error 0xC1900101 is faced by most of the Windows users while performing their system’s OS (Windows) update or installation process. You can resolve the Windows error 0XC1900101 by performing the quick, simple steps given below.
Check if your Windows system has enough space
- The device storage full or no space may also lead to the update or installation issue.
- If you are using the Windows system of the 32-bit version, then you need a minimum of 16 GB of free storage on your system’s C drive to perform the upgradation or installation process and then fix the windows update error 0xc1900101.
- Similarly, if your Windows system’s version type is 64-bit, then your system should have a minimum of 20 GB free storage in the C drive.
- If your system’s C drive is full or does not contain the minimum space as discussed above, then free up the required amount of space.
- To free up the storage space of your system’s C drive, delete or move the data stored on it to some other location or drive.
Re-try to run the Windows Update process on your Windows system
If the Windows update process fails for the first time, then re-try to run the update for a couple of times.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter & Microsoft’s online troubleshooter tools
- If the above method does not fix the Windows error 0XC1900101 code, then, first run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool on your Windows system.
- Check if the Windows error 0XC1900101 is fixed.
- If not, run the Microsoft’s online troubleshooter tool.
- Most of the time, running the Microsoft’s online troubleshooter tool will fix the Windows error 0XC1900101.
Try to update or install the Windows OS after disabling third-party security software
- Disabling the third-party software installed on your Windows system is the most important step that should be done while performing an OS update or installation.
- Locate and click the Call button available on this screen to get more remote assistance to fix windows update error 0xc1900101 issue.