- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error 0xc00000e9
How To Fix Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9
When you access the files on a Windows system, commonly, you could encounter the Windows error code 0xc00000e9. Read the following to know the reasons for the error and the solutions to fix them.
Causes of the error:
- The system drive failure or issue can lead to this error.
- The Windows error code 0xc00000e9 occurs when the system cannot communicate with the drive.
- Other external devices connected to the system causing physical problems to the system.
- Incorrect BIOS configuration.
Solutions for the error:
1. Restart the system
- The error could be a temporary problem, hence restart the computer and see if the error message is withdrawn.
- After the restart, if the error persists, then continue with the next solution.
2. Disconnect other devices
- If you have the other devices connected to the computer, then remove them.
- Reboot the system and check if the error remains or resolves.
3. Run the Safe mode
- Press the Win and the R keys together to open the Run dialog box on the desktop.
- Enter “msconfig” in the text field and click OK.
- Click the Boot tab, below the Boot options menu, tick the Safe boot checkbox and select OK.
- As soon as the system starts in Safe mode, check the driver versions and status.
- Later, disable the Safe boot following the same steps as mentioned above.
4. Modify the BIOS settings
- Open the Control Panel window, then select the Update & Security menu and choose Recovery.
- Under the Advanced startup section, click the Restart now button; after that, on the blue screen,choose Troubleshoot.
- Next, select Advanced options, click the UEFI Firmware Settings menu, and finally, click Restart.
- After the BIOS window opens up, navigate to the Boot tab, and move the hard drive to the top of the boot list.
- Save the changes and restart the computer normally and also you are fix the windows error code 0xc00000e9.
5. Repair the system
- Now, restart the system from the Advanced startup features in the Control Panel window, as mentioned in the previous solution.
- When the system has restarted, follow the path, Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
- Select the Automatic Repair menu to repair any basic issues of the system, after which you have to restart the device once again.
6. Scan the hard disk
- Start the system in Safe mode, and use the search bar to find ‘Command Prompt.’
- Right-click the suggested Command Prompt result and choose Run as administrator.
- When the system prompts to confirm the action, select Yes.
- Input the below command line and press the Enter key.
- chkdsk /f /r
- Following that, press Y to confirm the scan of the disk when booting next time after finishing the windows error code 0xc00000e.9