- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Has Stopped Device Code 43
HOW TO FIX ERROR WINDOWS HAS STOPPED THIS DEVICE CODE 43?
The Windows has stopped this device code 43 may occur due to your computer’s hardware failure or device’s driver failure. If your computer hardware is causing this issue, replace or repair it. If this issue occurs due to the driver’s failure, then uninstall and reinstall the driver. You can reinstall the driver automatically or manually as per your desire.
Steps to reinstall your computer driver manually
- First, uninstall the driver file. Go to your computer’s Device Manager section.
- Locate and right-click on your drive that is causing the issue.
- Click the Uninstall option.
- Now, the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box will appear on the screen, click the OK button.
- Wait for the selected drive to uninstall.
- Once it is completed, open the Device Manager window.
- Locate and click the Scan for hardware changes option.
- Now, the Device Manager scans your Windows computer completely.
- Once the Device Manager detects your device driver, the reinstallation process begins automatically.
Procedure to reinstall the driver automatically using the Driver Easy tool
- Download the Driver Easy tool from its official site.
- After the download process, open the downloaded Driver Easy file and run the installation process.
- After the installation, launch the Driver Easy tool.
- Click the Scan Now button.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your Windows computer screen to complete the driver installation process.
- If the Windows has stopped this device code 43 issue persists, try some of the other possible solutions discussed below.
Disable and enable the device causing the issue.
- Launch the Device Manager window.
- Locate and right-click on the device causing the issue Windows has stopped this device code 43.
- Select the Properties option.
- Now, the Properties window will open. Click the Drivers tab.
- Click Disable Device or Disable > Yes > OK.
- Now, the selected device is disabled successfully.
- To re-enable it, select and right-click on your device in the Device Manager window.
- Choose the Enable or Enable Device option.
- Check if the ‘Windows has stopped this device: code 43’ issue is solved.
- If not, update the device’s drivers.
- To do it, first, download the latest driver file from the device’s official site.
- Then, right-click on the device driver in the Device Manager window.
- Click the Update Driver or Update Driver Software or Update Drive option.
- Now, the Update Driver window with the title How do you want to search for driver software? appear on the screen.
- Locate and click the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Choose or enter the driver location in the field given below.
- After that, select the Let my pick from a list of available drivers on my computer or Let me pick from a list of a device on my computer option followed by Hard Disk.
- Now, the Install From Disk dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Select the downloaded driver file in the given field.
- Click the OK button followed by Next.
- Follow the prompts to complete the device driver installation process.
- After installing the latest driver file of your device, restart your Windows computer.
- Now, check if the issue Windows has stopped this device code 43 is solved.