- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Updating 80092004
How To Fix Windows Update Error 80092004?
If the Windows update error 80092004 occurs at the time of installing your system update, proceed with the easy troubleshooting instructions mentioned below.
- Try to remove recent updates to fix the windows update error 80092004. To view the packages that are recently installed on your Windows computer, enter the ‘Dism/online /Get-Packages’ command without the single quotes in the Command Prompt window.
- Search for the recently installed package and run the Remove Package program to remove it from the Windows computer.
- Make sure to reboot the Windows computer.
- Navigate to the Command Prompt window, type the ‘Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup’ command without including the single quotes, and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- This will scan for updates. Check if the Windows update 80092004 error has been resolved.
Removing files from the Software Distribution folder:
- Once you navigate to the Software Distribution folder, select all the files and delete it.
- After removing all the files in the Software Distribution folder, try to update the Windows system.
- Check if the Windows update error 80092004 is resolved.
Windows update troubleshooter:
- Go to the Start menu on the Windows 10 computer.
- Select the Settings option followed by the Update & Security option.
- After you click the Troubleshoot option, navigate to the ‘Getup and running’ section and Windows Update option.
- Select the Run the Troubleshooter option.
- Try to update the Windows system and check if the Windows update 80092004 error has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, install the update manually.
- Also, you can get support from our technical experts by clicking the Call button available here. They will assist you in resolving the Windows update error 80092004.