- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error Code 0x800703f1
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0X800703F1
The troubleshooting steps to resolve the Windows Update Error 0X800703F1 problem are provided on this web page.
- Select the Device Manager option from the Start menu.
- After finding the problematic device, right-click it and select the Properties option.
- Click the Driver tab followed by the Roll Back button.
- Choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the Start menu.
- After typing the ‘sfc/scannow’ command in the Administrator Command Prompt window, press the Enter key.
- Wait until the SFC scan gets over. This might take up to 15 minutes.
- If the SFC scan does not resolve the problem, enter the ‘DISM.ex/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth’ command in the Command Prompt window.
SFC and DISM tools:
- The third-party antivirus on your Windows computer might interfere with the update process.
- So, you are recommended to disable the third-party antivirus program temporarily.
- If the problem persists even after disabling the antivirus program, uninstall it.
- To disable the built-in antivirus program, i.e., Windows Defender on the Windows computer, refer to the guidelines given here.
- After pressing the Win and I keys at the same time, select the Settings option followed by Update & Security option.
- Once you select the Windows Security option on the left panel, click the Open Windows Defender Security Center button followed by the Virus & Threat Protection button.
- Click the ‘Virus & threat protection settings’ link and disable the Real-time Protection feature.
Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Press the Win and I keys simultaneously, select Settings -> Update & Security -> Troubleshoot -> Windows Update, and click the Run the troubleshoot button.
- Proceed with the rest of the prompts that display on the screen to finish running the Windows Update Troubleshooter on the Windows computer.
- If all the instructions mentioned above fail to resolve the Windows Update Error 0X800703F1 problem, restart all the components of Windows Update.
- After navigating to the Start menu, choose the Command Prompt option.
- This will launch the Administrator Command Prompt dialog window on the screen.
- Type all the commands that are listed here in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key on the computer’s keyboard.
- Start all the components:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Renaming services:
- ren C:\WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\WindowsSystem32catroot Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- Start all the components:
- net start cryptsvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- If you need assistance from our technical experts in resolving the Windows Update Error 0X800703F1 problem, contact them by clicking the Call button provided on this web page.