- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error 0x80070522
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0X80070522
When updating the Windows software on the computer, the windows update error 0x80070522 occurs, saying that the client does not have the privilege. The different reasons causing the error and the solutions to resolve the errors are discussed in the below steps.
Reasons for the error:
- Windows do not have permission to access the files and folders in the storage.
- The system is unable to download the update files to perform the software update.
- Using the local user account instead of the administrator account on the computer.
- Many Administrator and User accounts on the system clashing causes the error.
- Click the Search icon on the desktop, and type “Run” in the search box then press Enter to open the Run dialog box on the desktop.
- Type “regedit” in the Run window and press Enter to launch the Registry Editor window.
- Find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, then following the SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System path, check for EnableLUA of the REG_DWORD file type on the right-side panel.
- In case there is no such a file, create a file yourself by right-clicking on the right-side panel, then select the New option.
- After that, choose DWORD (32-bit) Value and give the Value name as “EnableLUA,” then set “0” as the Value data and to fix the windows update error 0x80070522.
Local Security Policy:
- In the Run window, enter “secpol.msc” and Press the Enter key.
- Now, the Local Group Policy Editor window opens up, then select the Security Settings under Local Computer Policy on the right-side navigation panel.
- Following it, click the Local Policies folder and then the Security Options folder.
- Then search for “User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode” on the right panel and select it.
- Generally, it is enabled, now, you have to select the Disabled option and click OK to save the changes.
- Then close the windows and restart the computer.
User Account Control:
- Sometimes, the User Account Control of the system prevents the file access and leads to the error, therefore turn off the UAC program.
- Open the Search box, then enter “User Account Control settings” to open the window.
- The toggle bar to manage the UAC activity is present at the left side of the window, next, slide down the toggle bar to stop the UAC notifications and click OK.
Security settings of the drive:
- If the windows update error 0x80070522 occurs when you create or copy a file on any of the system drives, open My Computer.
- Right-click on the drive on which you are trying to make the change, and choose the Properties option.
- On the Properties dialog box, go to the Security tab and under Group or user names, click the Edit button.
- Select the user account you are using, then enable the Full Control option and save the settings.
- Suppose you are using a local user account, then change to the administrator account and start using it as an administrator account.
- Press the Win key and the ‘I’ key together to open the Windows Settings window.
- On Windows Settings, click the Accounts menu, following that choose Family & other people.
- Now, the account name appears on the right-side panel under the Other People tab.
- Select the account, then click Change account type and choose the Administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, restart the computer and verify if the windows update error 0x80070522 is fixed.