- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error 0x80070643
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0X80070643
The Windows error 0x80070643 occurs when the operating system becomes faulty or fails to update an app. It is due to malware, corrupted files, and an obsolete version of the software. It is also because of the sudden power cut or incomplete shutdown. If you wish to fix the Windows update error 0x80070643, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- On your Windows desktop, check your system files, either using a Command Prompt or PowerShell.
- Press the Windows + X shortcut keys and select the Command Prompt(Admin) from the displayed menu.
- Type the command “sfc /scannow” and press the Enter key.
- Wait until the scan is complete.
- If you aren’t able to run the sfc command or if the problem persists even after running the command mentioned above, run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Press the Windows + R shortcut keys and type “cmd” in the Run dialogue box.
- Press the Enter key to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the command “DSIM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” in the Command Prompt(cmd) window and press Enter.
- Now, the DSIM scan will start the scan and rectify the issue automatically.
- This will take around 20 minutes or more.
- Make sure not to shut down your computer or interrupt the process during the scan.
- The windows update error 0x80070643 occurs due to third-part applications while updating the Windows Defender software. Therefore, disable startup applications.
- Press the Windows + R shortcut keys to open the Run panel.
- Type “msconfig” in the text box and click the OK button to open System Configuration.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Services tab and mark the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click the Disable all button followed by OK.
- Go to the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager link to view the Startup applications in the Task Manager window.
- Give a right-click on the Startup applications and select Disable.
- Repeat the same step for all the Startup programs.
- After disabling all the applications, close the Task Manager window and return to System Configuration.
- Click the Apply button followed by OK to save the applied changes.
- Restart your Windows desktop and check if the error reappears.
- Restart your Security Center Service to resolve the Windows update error 0x80070643.
- Press the Windows + R shortcut keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type “services.msc” in the open drop-down menu and click the OK button.
- Under Services, locate the Security Center option and give a right-click on it.
- Click the Restart option from the drop-down list.
- The .NET Framework may also be the cause of this update error.
- To resolve this problem, press the Windows + S shortcut keys to open the search panel.
- Type “features” in the text box and select Turn Windows features on or off.
- On the Windows Features screen, disable the “Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation” and “Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation” features.
- Click OK to save and apply the changes.
- Now, restart your computer and check if the problem persists.
- On your Windows desktop, press the Windows + I shortcut keys to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Update & Security and select Windows Defender from the left-side panel.
- Under Windows Defender, click the Open Windows Defender Security Center button.
- Navigate to the Virus & threat protection section and select Protection updates.
- Select the Check for updates button to download the available updates through Windows Defender.
- Finallu you complte the windows update error 0x80070643