- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error code 0x800f081f
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0X800F081F
Carry out the instructions provided here to resolve the ‘Windows update error 0X800F081F’ problem.
Removing the USB drive from your computer
- This error might occur due to a USB device for windows driver.
- Disconnect all the USB devices such as Wi-Fi receivers, flash drives, and USB printer.
- Check if the Windows update error 0X800F081F problem is resolved.
- Proceed with the following steps if the issue remains unresolved.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
- On your Windows computer, navigate to the Start menu and enter troubleshooting in the search bar.
- Go to the System & Security section and click the ‘Fix problem with Windows Update’ button.
- When you see the Troubleshooter window on the screen, click the Advanced button.
- After selecting the ‘Apple Repairs Automatically’ option, click the Run as Administrator button followed by the Next button.
Reset the Windows update components
- Launch the Command Prompt dialog box on your Windows computer.
- Enter the commands that are listed below in the Command Prompt window.
- net stop bits
- net stop dosyc
Enabling the .NET framework feature
- Open the Windows search bar and type ‘windows features’ without including the single quotes.
- Ensure that you have selected the checkbox beside the .NET Framework.
- After enabling this feature, click the OK button.
Run SFC scan
- On your Windows 10 computer, launch the Command Prompt dialog window by selecting the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Type the ‘sfc/scannow’ command without the single quotes in the Command Prompt dialog window.
- This SFC scan might take up to 15 minutes.
- After completing the SFC scanning, check if the Windows Update error 0X800F081F problem on the computer has been resolved.
Windows 10 reset
- If you use the Windows 10 computer, follow the steps given below to reset it.
- After opening the Start menu, click the Power button.
- While holding the Shift key on the computer’s keyboard, select the Restart option from the displayed menu.
- Select the following options and then insert the installation media if prompted.
- Reset this PC
- Remove everything
- Choose the ‘Only the drive where Windows is installed’ option and then select the ‘Just remove my files’ option.
- After clicking the Reset button, continue with the on-screen guidelines to finish the reset process.
- If the ‘Windows Update error 0X800F081F’ problem persists, click the Call button given below to get remote assistance from our technical experts.