- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Updating Error 0x80240013
How To Fix Windows Update Error 0X80240013
The Windows update error 0x80240013 is a Windows 10 bug that affects the Windows Store application. The error doesn’t permit you to install or update any apps preset on your laptops such as Minecraft, Fresh Paint, and Wallpaper Studio 10. The other possible reasons for the error code 0x80240013 might be the firewall and the Windows Service failure.Follow the troubleshooting methods given here to resolve the Windows update 0x80240013 error.
Method 1: Run Windows Troubleshooter
- To open the Windows Troubleshooter, press the Windows key + I together and select the Windows Update and Security option.
- You will see a set of three options in the new window, click the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- The system will run the process and automatically fix the errors on your system.
- Once the errors are sorted out, you can close the troubleshooter and restart the computer.
- Try updating the apps on your computer to see if the Windows update error 0X80240013 problem persists.
Method 2: Reset / Reinstall Applications
- If everything else is working fine after running the troubleshooter, still it is a safer option to uninstall and install the application or reset the application, which triggered the Windows Update error.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings window in your Windows 10 computer.
- On the left side pane of the window, click the Apps and Features tab, select the game option that was hard to update.
- Click the Advanced settings, locate the Reset button, and click Reset.
- If the above step did not resolve the Windows Update error, you have the option of deleting and reinstalling the application.
- Right-click on the application from the Apps and Features tab and click the Uninstall button.
- Once done, reboot the system and try installing the app from the Windows Store.
Method 3: Clear the Windows Store Cache
- Clearing the Windows Store Cache might help in resolving the Windows Update error 0x80240013.
- Type wsreset.exe in the search box present in the Windows desktop.
- When the wsreset.exe file opens, right-click on it and choose to run the file as an administrator.
- Doing this will reset the Windows Store, and will not make any changes to the apps or any other settings.
- Once the reset process is complete, the Windows Store will be launched on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now check whether the Windows Update error is solved or not.
Method 4: Reset Software Distribution folder
- This method requires the system to be disconnected from the internet.
- The best way to do this is by enabling the airplane mode on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now, type run in the search box on your desktop and open the run command box.
- Enter cmd in the field and click the OK button.
- You have to stop the following services on your computer:
- MSI Installer
- Windows Update Services
- You can stop the services by typing the commands given below one by one in the command prompt and press Enter at the end of each command.
- Net stop wuauserv
- Net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- Net stop msiserver
- You have to rename the software distribution folder using the following command.
- ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old.
- Once the folder is renamed, you can restart the services you had stopped earlier using the below-mentioned commands.
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Once the configuration is done, you can type EXIT and close the command prompt.
Reboot the system to check if the Windows Update Error 0x80240013 has been fixed.