- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Updating Error 0x8024a000
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0X8024A000
When you attempt to update Windows from Microsoft’s website, it is possible to come across the 0x8024a000 error. Although there could be various reasons for this Windows update error 0X8024A000, some of the usual causes are listed below:
Causes for the Windows Updating Error 0x8024a000:
- Interference in the connection between your Windows Update server and your computer.
- An infected computer containing a virus, malware, spyware, or other such malicious programs.
- Any fault in the hardware components.
- Any kind of file corruption.
- A missing internet connection right from the beginning.
- Some effective troubleshooting methods to resolve the error are provided below:
Methods to fix the Windows Update Error 0x8024a000:
Method 1-Check your router, modem, or cable for faults:
- First, make sure that all your hardware components are working fine.
- Do a check on your router, modem, cable, and other components for flaws.
- If everything is fine, try restarting your router. Then, try once more to complete the Windows update error 0X8024A000.
If the error persists even after performing the above steps, go on to the next method.
Method 2-Run the Windows Defender program:
- In case your computer has been infected with a virus or any other malicious software, consider the following steps:
- On your computer, run the Windows Defender program. It is an inbuilt software that scans your computer for viruses, malware, etc.
- If your Windows Defender identifies any such malicious software, remove it immediately from your system.
- Then, you may return to the task at hand.
Method 3-Utilize Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- On your computer, go to the Windows Search bar.
- Type in “troubleshooting.” (without the quotes).
- Select the Troubleshooting option.
- From the window pane on your left, choose the View all option.
- Note: You can perform the above instructions by using the following alternative:
- Go to Start and then follow this path-Settings->Update & Security->Troubleshoot.
- You will see a list under the heading, Troubleshoot and help prevent computer problems.
- From the list, choose the Windows Update option.
- Now, continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions.
- Allow the Windows Update Troubleshooter to run.
- Finally, restart your Windows computer.
- At times, your Windows Update program installation might be incomplete. Or, a download might be corrupted on your system. These scenarios might also be the causes of the error. Added to these causes, operating system overload could also result in the error. Another probable reason may be system registry files that have been deleted.
- You can make use of the Windows Update Troubleshooter to deal with the above scenarios. At the end of troubleshooting, you have to re-install those updates for which the installation was incomplete to chck the Windows update error 0X8024A000.
Method 4-Try to clean Windows Update (temporary) cache folder:
- First, on your computer, press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- The Run dialog box will appear. Type in services.msc and press the Enter key.
- You will find that a new window called Services opens up.
- In the Services window, locate Windows Update. Now, right-click it.
- Click the Stop button.
- It is now time to clean your Windows Update temporary cache folder. To do that, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- In the textbox provided, type in the following:%windir%SoftwareDistributionDataStore
- After typing, click the OK button. You will see that Windows Explorer opens up.
- Now, start deleting the contents of the given folder. You have to stop only when you have deleted all the contents of this folder.
- If the method described above fails to fix the Windows update error 0x8024a000, you can conclude that the problem is associated with old downloaded updates that have become corrupted on your computer.
- Now, try the next method and check if it works.
Method 5-Try to run Deployment Image Servicing and Management:
- First, on your computer, press the Windows key and the X key simultaneously.
- Next, choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- In the Command Prompt, type in the command given below:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Now, press Enter.
- Once the procedure is finished, type in the command given here:sfc /scannow
- Please wait for the System File Checker to run.
- It is now time to restart your Windows computer. Complete this troubleshooting method by restarting your computer.
We have now seen various reasons causing the Windows update error 0x8024a000 and also some troubleshooting methods to fix it.