- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Error Code 0x80d02002
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0X80D02002
In some situations, users may encounter the windows update error 0x80d02002 while installing the Windows 10 updates. Users often find the following error message on Windows 10, version 1809:
Update Installation Fails with Error 0x80D02002
The error code mentioned above is related to Windows Update failure.
Causes for the appearance of Error Code 0x80D02002:
- Corrupt Windows Update cache.
- Incompatibility of an application recently installed on your computer.
- Faulty or incompatible driver software.
- Any third-party software conflicts.
Basic Solutions to Resolve the Error Code 0x80D02002:
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection then only you have to fix the windows update error 0x80d02002.
- Make sure that the software you are currently using is compatible with the Windows 10 OS.
- Check if all your device drivers (installed) are updated and compatible with the Windows version you are currently using.
- You can quickly check and update them from the Device Manager.
- Perform a Full System Scan to check for any virus malware.
- Run the CCleaner software to optimize your Windows 10 and fix broken registry entries.
- In case you find this error while updating the Windows Store apps, perform the following:
- Press Win+R.
- Type wsreset.
- Finally, hit the Enter key
Let us look into more solutions in detail:
Solution 1: Running the Windows Update Troubleshooting Tool
Try running the official Windows Update Troubleshooting Tool. Allow Windows to scan and resolve the issue. To run the Windows Update troubleshooter, carry out the following instructions:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing the Windows+I keys.
- Select Update & Security. Then, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Click the Windows Update option.
- Finally, click the Run the troubleshooter button.
After completing the above steps, restart Windows 10. Then, check for the updates manually. If the issue persists, consider solution 2.
Solution 2: Checking the Regional and Language Settings
At times, incorrect regional settings might be the reason for Windows update failure. Ensure that you have set the correct regional and language settings.
Check and correct the settings by performing the following steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Time & Language option.
- From the options provided on the left of your screen, choose Region & language.
- Check if your country or region is correct by looking at the drop-down list below the Country or region title.
- If not, set the correct country/region.
- Make sure that the desired language is chosen under the Languages title.
Once you complete the steps given above, try installing the Windows 10 updates again.
Solution 3: Performing Clean Boot
Try to perform Clean Boot and then check for updates. You have to do this in case a third-party service or start-up application is causing the issue.
Performing Clean Boot is a suitable method to resolve the 0x80D02002 error code.
If you try any one or all of the above solutions, you will be able to install the Windows 10 updates successfully, and your windows update error 0x80d02002 problem will be solved.