- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 Update error
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR ?
Windows 10 update error is encountered by most of the Windows users. It may be caused due to improper downloading of the updates or if the update fails to download. Follow these steps to resolve this update error quickly.
- On your Windows desktop, click Start and navigate to Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel window, select the System & Security –> Windows Update.
- Select the Change settings displayed on the left side of the panel.
- Select the ‘Never Check for Updates (Not Recommended)’ from the drop-down window.
- Tap the OK button and Reboot your computer device.
- Once your computer restarts, go to the System and Security again and click the Install Update automatically (Recommended) option to install the updates automatically when connected to the network.
- Restart your computer once again.
- If you still find difficulties in solving this problem, then download the Microsoft Fixit tool from the Microsoft website and install it on your device.
- Run the Fixit tool on your Windows to fix the problem.
- Restart your computer device and check whether the problem gets resolved.
- For more assistance, click the Call button to contact our technical experts to fix the windows 10 update error.
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0x800705b4 & 0x80073712
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 0x800705b4
Windows update error 0x800705b4 is due to a registry error, Virus or malware attack, System corrupt, or failure in updating the Windows by OS.
This error should be removed to avoid damage to information security and computer performance.
The update will take place automatically when connected to the network. But for user’s convenience, it can be modified.
Follow these steps to overcome this windows 10 update error:
- On your Windows desktop, click the Start button.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and right-click on the icon.
- Click the Run as administrator option. Enter your administrator password to log in.
- Type the ‘sfc /scannow’ command and press the Enter tab. The scanning process will take place to find threats and corrupted files.
- Once the scanning gets over, you will get the result of the scanning process.
- If the problem remains unresolved, you must perform System Restore.
- Click Start. In the search box, type System Restore and right-click on the icon.
- Click the Run as administrator and then choose a time point option for system restore.
- Choose a restore type and click the Finish tab after checking it thoroughly.
Windows Update Error 0x80073712
Windows Update Error 0x80073712 indicates that some file which is essential to process the update is missing or corrupted. This error does not damage your Operating System(OS).
A straightforward, easy method to solve this error is given below.
- Try using Windows Defender for scanning the malware. Windows Defender is a default/built-in security for Windows 10. So, it can be used to solve this problem quickly.
- Select Start –> Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Defender –> Full option.
- If the problem persists, then run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Update troubleshooter is an in-built application that fixes update issues in the Windows OS.
- Press Windows + X key and tap the Control Panel.
- Select Category and click either the Large or Small icons.
- Click the Troubleshooting tab –> View all from the left side panel.
- Choose Windows Update –> Windows Update Troubleshooter to open and run it.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen, and restart your system to overcome the windows 10 update error.
- Now, you can view the Windows 10 Update features and effects.
WINDOWS UPDATE 0x80244019 & 0x80073712 ERROR
Windows Update Error 0x80244019
Follow these steps:
- First, make sure the antivirus installed on your computer is not causing the trouble. Try updating the Windows OS after disabling the antivirus temporarily.
- If the issue persists, run Windows Update troubleshooter.
- If that did not help, the Windows Update Error 0x80244019 can be resolved by changing the Windows 10 Update error Options. This method is only available for Windows 10 version PCs.
- Open your computer system and click on the Start button.
- Select Settings –> Update & Security to open the Windows Update window.
- Select the Advanced options to update at your convenience.
- From the Advanced options menu, turn off the ‘Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows’ option.
- After completing the above steps, you can easily update your Windows OS.
Windows Update Error 0x80070005
The causes of the Windows Update Error 0x80070005 are virus infections, issues with administrative rights, firewall software, and improper configuration of Windows Update.
The primary cause of the error is due to the denial of Windows access rights by Access Control List(ACL). It stops allowing the Windows application to read or write a key file. This problem can be resolved by allowing full control to the user.
Follow these steps to resolve this problem:
- Click the Start icon on your computer.
- Select Run and type ‘c:\users\USERNAME\AppData.’
- Click on the OK button and right-click the Local folder.
- Select Properties –> Security –> Edit –> Add.
- Type ‘Everyone’ in that box and click on the Check Names –> OK –> Full control.
- Tap the OK button to save the changes that are applied.
- Then, Restart your computer.
- If you still have a problem, contact your technical experts by clicking the Call button displayed on this page.
Windows Update Error 0x80073712
- Go to the Windows Settings menu and select the Troubleshooting option.
- Access the System and Security Settings and click the Fix Problems with Windows Update option.
- Follow the guidelines displayed on your system’s screen to rectify the error.
- Try installing the update again.
- The next step is to refresh the PC. To do so, press the Windows and the Q key together.
- Type cmd and then right-click on it to choose the Run As Administrator option.
- Key in net stop wuauserv and then specify ‘ren c”\windows\SoftwareDistributionsoftwaredistribution.old’ and tap the Enter key.
- Next, mention net start wuauserv and then type exit. Restart the system once the refresh process is over.
- Check if the windows 10 update error has been rectified.
Windows Update Error 0x800f081f
- The first solution for the update error is to enable the .Net Framework.
- Open the Programs and Features window by pressing the Windows & R keys together.
- In the search bar of the Run dialog box, type appwiz.cpl and click the OK button.
- Select the Turn Windows Features On or Off option from the left panel of the window.
- Tick the box available near the .NET Framework 3.5 and click the OK button to save the changes.
- Now, you should reboot your system and check if the issue is sorted out.
UPDATING ERROR 0x8024401C
Windows Update Error 0x8024401c
- First, check the network settings to rectify this issue. If the network settings are not correct, then this windows 10 update error can occur.
- Change the mode of connection in the next step. If you have connected via a wireless network, then modify it to a wired connection and vice versa.
- Enable the IPv4 option instead of IPv6 in the next step. Right-click on the Internet icon available in the system tray and select the Open network & Internet Settings option.
- Now, you have to choose the Network and Sharing Center option, followed by the Change Adapter Settings option.
- Find your connection and right-click on it to select the Properties option.
- Untick the box near the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option.
- Click the OK button and then restart your system to apply these settings.
- If you have installed any drivers on your computer, then update them.
- Next, mention regedit in the Run dialog box you have opened and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Policies->Microsoft->Windows-> WindowsUpdate
- Expand AU from the left panel and find the UseWUServer and change its value to zero. Tap OK.
- Perform a system file checker scan to sort out this problem.
- Right-click the Command Prompt option and select the Run As Administrator option.
- Key in sfc/scannow and tap the Enter key. Once the SFC scan is complete, restart the system and check if the issue has been rectified.
- The final solution is to run a clean boot. To do so, type msconfig in the Run dialog box and click the OK button.
- Access the Services tab and tick the checkbox near the Hide All Microsoft Services option. Click the Disable All button and then tap OK.
- Check if there are any system updates. Install it on your system to resolve this windows 10 update error problem.
UPDATING ERROR 0x80244022 AND 8000ffff
Windows Update Error 0x80244022
- Check if the date and time set on the system are correct. Type Date in the search bar of the Windows menu and click on the Date & Time Settings option.
- Click the slider below the Set Time Automatically and the Set Time Zone Automatically option to enable it.
- Next, run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Click the Troubleshoot option in the Windows menu and choose Windows Update followed by the Run the Troubleshooter option.
- After you restart your computer, check if the issue has been sorted out.
- Launch the command prompt as the administrator in the next step and specify DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth and tap Enter.
- Once the process is over, type sfc/scannow to perform a system file check.
- If many users are trying to download the Windows update at the same time, then the Microsoft server will become busy, and you will not be able to download the update.
- For further assistance, contact our technical experts to fix windows 10 update error problem.
Windows Update Error 8000ffff
- The first solution for the update error 8000FFFF is to check if you have enabled the firewall.
- If the firewall is enabled, then it will create a conflict when you install the update and then fix the windows 10 update error.
- Disable the firewall of the antivirus software you are using and then check if you are able to update.
- Check if you have connected your system properly to the correct network.
- Reconnect the computer to the network if required.
- Reset the operation system to resolve this error. To do so, key in Reset PC in the search bar and choose the Reset PC option from the results.
- Click the Get Started button. Before clicking that button, ensure that you have taken a backup of all the files available in your system.
- Once the system is reset, you will be able to perform the windows 10 update error process easily.