- Windows 10 Support »
- Improve Your Pc Speed
How To Improve PC Speed?
If you experience slowness on your computer, then here are the steps for you to improve PC speed on Windows 10 computer.
Step 1 – Windows update
- Navigate to the Start icon at the bottom-left end of the screen, click the Settings icon, and select the Update & Security option.
- Click Windows Update -> Check for updates.
- If you see the ‘You’re up to date’ message, then the OS is in the latest version. In such a case, you can go to the next step.
- If you see the ‘Updates are available’ message, select the Install Now option and choose the updates that you need to install.
- Click the Install button and wait until the update process gets completed.
- Once done, restart the Windows 10 computer. It help to improve PC speed.
- Want to improve PC speed, initially, go to the Start icon, click the Power icon, and select the Restart option.
- Once the computer has been restarted, type troubleshoot in the Windows search bar and select the Troubleshoot settings option from the search results.
- Click Program Compatibility Troubleshooter -> Run the troubleshooter, choose the program that is the cause for the problem, and select the Next option.
- Carry out the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete this process.
Step 3 – Automatic page file management
- Type view advanced system settings in the Windows search bar and select the same from the displayed search results.
- Click the Advanced tab, go to the Performance section, and select the Settings option.
- Go to Advanced, navigate to the Virtual memory section, and click the Change button.
- Select the checkbox next to the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers’ option, save the settings, and restart the Windows computer.
Step 4 – Storage space
- Check for the storage space by selecting the Storage option in the System window. You can access the System window by selecting the Settings option from the Start menu.
- If the storage space is low, delete some temporary files, run Disk Cleanup, remove unwanted applications, and move a few files to another drive.
- Also, try the following steps to improve the PC speed.
- Adjust the visual effects.
- Pause syncing to OneDrive.
- Stop the unnecessary program.
- Use Windows Security to scan and remove viruses as well as malware from the Windows computer.
- Perform a system restore and enable the ‘Turn on system protection’ feature.
- By protecting your computer you can easily improve PC speed.