- Windows 10 Support »
- Open Wifi Settings
How To Set up Open WiFi Settings Windows 10?
Wireless networks are available everywhere, and it has become a common way to connect to the internet. It is a perfect medium to share data and files or connect to other devices or networks without cables. If you are a Windows 10 user, there is more than one way to access the Wi-Fi settings. Learn the different methods to open Wifi settings Windows 10.
Method-1: Using the Settings menu
- You have all the system configuration settings under the Settings menu.
- Click the Start icon on the desktop and select the Gear icon to open the Settings window to set up the open Wifi settings Windows 10.
- Next, choose the Network & Internet menu and then click Wi-Fi from the left panel.
- On the right panel, click the Manage known networks link and then select the Add a new network button.
- Type the Wi-Fi network name on the next screen and choose a suitable security type from the drop-down menu.
- Following that, enter the security key and tick the checkbox beside Connect automatically to let the computer to connect to the Wi-Fi network automatically whenever the network is available.
- If you want to connect even when the Wi-Fi network name does not appear, mark the ‘Connect even if this network is not broadcasting’ checkbox.
- Click Save to save the Wi-Fi settings.
Method-2: Using the Taskbar
- This is the easiest method to open the Wi-Fi settings menu.
- Move the cursor to the bottom-right end of the desktop and click the Wireless connection icon.
- Now, the available Wi-Fi networks will appear on the screen. Choose the network SSID to which you want to connect and tick the checkbox beside the Connect automatically option.
- Click the Connect button, enter the correct Wi-Fi password, and select Next.
- You can schedule when you want to reconnect to the Wi-Fi after a selected duration.
- After connecting the computer to the Wi-Fi, again select the Wi-Fi icon and click the drop-down menu.
- When the different options show up, select the correct network SSID while set up the open Wifi settings Windows 10.