- Windows 10 Support »
- File Explorer as Administrator
HOW TO RUN FILE EXPLORER AS ADMINISTRATOR?
File Explorer is also known as Windows Explorer. It is an application that manages all files on your computer. You can run file explorer as administrator on a Windows 10 computer by following any one of the methods given below.
Ways to open File Explorer:
- Want to run file explorer as administrator turn on your computer and press the Windows and E buttons together to open the File Explorer window.
- Otherwise, you can click the File Explorer icon in the Windows taskbar to open it.
- You can also right-click on the Start menu and select File Explorer.
- Another way to open Windows Explorer is from Cortana Search.
- Click the Search icon near to the Start menu and type File Explorer. Click the app to open it.
Run File Explorer as an administrator:
- When the File Manager window appears, go to the Local Disk (C:) drive.
- Open the Windows folder and locate the explorer.exe file.
- Right-click on the explorer.exe file and select the Run as administrator option.
- If you are prompted to enter the login credentials of your computer, enter it.
- Now, the File Explorer window open with admin rights.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click the Task Manager option.
- Click the File menu and select the Run new task option.
- When the Create new task window appears, type explorer.exe and checkmark the ‘Create this task with administrative privileges’ option. Then, click the OK button.
- Now the File Explorer window will open on your computer with admin privileges.
- Press the Windows and R buttons together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type explorer in the Search section and tap the Enter key.
- Now, File Explorer will be opened with admin rights.
- You can now make the required changes in File Explorer the run file explorer as administrator.